2011 GT Vortech install done, Big Numbers!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
My friend Rob fabricated a front bumper mount air-to air Intercooled Vortech V3 setup in a customers 2011GT 6 speed and spun it on the Dyno today. He was having difficulty writing a tune file for part throttle driveability cause the ECU kept dumping in more fuel and making the mixture too rich, he eventually scrapped all the advice from SCT and supposed Tuning gurus and modified the stock flash himself with new SCT software and it's almost buttoned up..
OK you want numbers.. 576RWHP SAE with a 3.60 pulley (less than 9lbs of boost) on a BONE STOCK car besides a blow through air meter and filter:rockon:

wjk

Established Member
Nice horsepower, but hows the torque numbers? I've noticed many of the power adders for these new 2011s don't give much torque.

redrocket2011

Established Member
Great HP! However, I’m very curious what the stock bottom end can handle. Seems this would be close to the threshold. Please keep us posted on drivability.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I'll ask Rob what the torque numbers were, yesterday he just put the HP graph up on the dyno screen when he was tweaking the tune..

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Thats awesome!! I would just becareful 8-9psi with 11:1 comp on pump gas? Yes it's being done but the motors don't last for long! Look at the shops that have new built motors in there cars the reason is they granaded them! BOOST) They wont admit it but it's the truth. No one pulls a perfect motor out of a car. Just run what ya brung until it pops. If you have the money to fix it then have a blast other wise turn the boost down! :banana:

My friend Rob fabricated a front bumper mount air-to air Intercooled Vortech V3 setup in a customers 2011GT 6 speed and spun it on the Dyno today. He was having difficulty writing a tune file for part throttle driveability cause the ECU kept dumping in more fuel and making the mixture too rich, he eventually scrapped all the advice from SCT and supposed Tuning gurus and modified the stock flash himself with new SCT software and it's almost buttoned up..
OK you want numbers.. 576RWHP SAE with a 3.60 pulley (less than 9lbs of boost) on a BONE STOCK car besides a blow through air meter and filter:rockon:

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Pics or it didn't happen? that's funny!! A couple months ago a customer brought his black on black 011 to the shop right from the dealership and asked Rob to put a Vortech on it which required hand fabricating Everything down to the head unit mounting bracket,belt routing and a million other things,so believe what you want JoeRacer, your only 2 hours from us, come down and verify for yourself..
FordSpeedRacing, Clearwater Fla. home of one of the fastest Outlaw 10.5 cars in the Country (Robs 2007GT)! Here's a pic from last months Shakedown at E-Town where he made it to the Semis (Would have faced Lynch in the finals if his boost controlling electronics didn't malfunction staging!) Running low 4.20's at 185/ 6.40's at 226, is that fast enough for you?

rob3p.jpg

rob6o.jpg

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

I don't know some companys are offering such big blowers for these car's knowing you can't run alot of boost. It doesn't make any sense to me. I say build a smaller blower that's more effient that takes less HP to turn, since you can only run 6-7 psi safely any way! I like the 2.3 whipple and Roush/eaten more and more every day! We need a blower show down!!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
This setup in it's current state is low Boost (7-8), if he switched out the 3.60 pulley for a Reichard Sure Grip 2.90 it would lay down 700RW THEN Blow Up! haha!!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I assume this was before Vortech had released there kit?
Yes that's correct, the 011 has been at the shop for a few months, the owner isn't in a hurry and Rob was working on his and a lot of other cars, he'd hop on this one a couple times a week...
svtcobra152.jpg

svtcobra149.jpg

svtcobra155.jpg

svtcobra156.jpg

svtcobra154.jpg

svtcobra150.jpg

Last edited:

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Thats awesome!! I would just becareful 8-9psi with 11:1 comp on pump gas? Yes it's being done but the motors don't last for long! Look at the shops that have new built motors in there cars the reason is they granaded them! BOOST) They wont admit it but it's the truth. No one pulls a perfect motor out of a car. Just run what ya brung until it pops. If you have the money to fix it then have a blast other wise turn the boost down! :banana:

Who are you? and where did you come from? ive never heard of you in the 2011 GT tuning /engineering world. what experience with coyote's do you have? where is your proof they are blowing up? i want specifics.

if you dont have anything but baseless charges shut up. if you have specifics i wanna know. everyone else needs to know the limits too. you seem to know them. well?

why would a large blower be added to the coyote? for and forced induction expert, you should know why. airflow in lbs/minute. just because it runs 7psi doesnt mean a coyote can use a 45mm turbo/centri. come on man. explain it to me please. you know things i dont.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I heard Richard and the guys at Strictly finally popped their Nitrous motor which was close to 700RW, not sure if it was a malfunction with the NOS kit or too big a shot?

Users who are viewing this thread