2011 GT vs 2012 STi

Ivan 5.0

Established Member
Got into a nice race against a modded 2012 STi... he ran up next to me and hit the gas, so I nailed it to. We ran twice - highway pulls.

I have intake, headers, catless xp, catback, and dyno tune - car put down around 420RWHP.

He said he had, from what I remember, intake, up-pipe, down-pipe, headers, external wastegate, catback, and dyno tuned running 18psi. He said it put down 305AWHP.

Weird thing was I couldn't pull on him at all. He kinda just stuck right next to my door. What gives? I'm really ****in confused on how he was able to hang with me with those mods.

Last edited:

Bokeo

Established Member
haha pretty sure he was Bullsmacking you. No way would he be able to keep up with only 305WHP. The top end on those things arent known to be the best.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
+1 ^^^ probably had a good source of mods, just left a few out...from a dig i could see him staying next to your door... but not from a roll...i raced evos and STI's tuned with same type of mods in my old bolt on 2v and stayed pretty close

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
It could be a few different factors:

1. He was feeding you some bullshit.

2. He was an amazing driver.

3. You weren't on top of your driving at the time.

FordGTGuy

Established Member
He said he had, from what I remember, intake, up-pipe, down-pipe, headers, external wastegate, catback, and dyno tuned running 18psi. He said it put down 305AWHP.

Weird thing was I couldn't pull on him at all. He kinda just stuck right next to my door. What gives? I'm really ****in confused on how he was able to hang with me with those mods.

Sounds very fishy, a stock 12' STi makes 305 hp at the crank with a max boost PSI of 14~. Stock it puts down around 244AWHP at a loss of 61~ hp if drivetrain loss is around 20%.

Now with those mods and maybe even some unmentioned mods a long with a boost increase of 4~ PSI I would think there would be more than a 61 hp gain.

dutchrower16

Established Member
My buddy has an 2012 STI with half of those mods, and he's pushing 330AWHP. So, without a doubt I know the guy you raced is pushing 400AWHP plus.

Ivan 5.0

Established Member
Ya... the dyno number didn't make any sense to me. Can the new STi's put down 400WHP+ on a stock turbo? My thought is "no" - and in that case, he would be bullshitting.

Users who are viewing this thread