2011 Gt Weight?

slverstang

Established Member
So i went to the track on sunday and weighed the car.......3460??? That was with half a tank and Welds....its that normal? what do they normally weigh? Even with the rim difference i still think its low. Also any est. on what kind if power with 118 trap?

nate714

Established Member
That sounds a little low for these cars near stock. I'm assuming the spare and stuff was not in the trunk.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
My car is a premium full weight and I weighed it at NMRA with the stock wheels and a full tank of gas and it was 3600 without me in it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, you skinny bitch!

Nice man, wish mine was anywhere close to that...

4VFTW

Established Member
my premium A6 weighed 3460 with drag wheels and no pass seat , so yours is in the ballpark depending on options.

5lho

Established Member
I just checked and i have the spare in the trunk...thats with me NOT in it. Its a premium minus nav lol

My loaded BBP 2012 GT with every option but glass roof checked in a 3680 with me in it and I'm about a a buck 60 in a helmet and clothes, on fumes. I don't know what my new 2014 GT auto weighs but, I don't expect alot more. The 11-14s are by far the lightest ponycar out there and that's why they always punched above what was expected, given the CI of their engine.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
My 301A package is 3420 lbs with drag wheels, 1/4 tank and a gutted trunk.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I'd be very curious as to what my '14 weighs with and without me.

Premium, Navigation, Leather Recaro's, Back-up Camera/Sensors, Track Pack, etc.

Only weight reduction is going to be a lighter drive shaft. Race trim will have (2) 18x10 with 305/40/18's MT's, Street trim has the stock track pack wheels with 255's up front and 275/40/19 MPSS tires.

I'm guessing around 3650 without me and around 3850 with me, not including gas.

5lho

Established Member
I think you are too high on weight. My old car, full of fuel, with me in it, on two certified scales, 3825.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I used a CAT scale and full weight GT/CS auto less spare/jack with 85% fuel it was 3680 without me. I must have a fat guy hiding somewhere in the car. LOL.

Sleipnir 5O

Established Member
I need to get mine weighed with a base line before adding mods. What is the most accurate scale? Its obvious by some of these post that scales are showing different readings.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Scales are just as picky as dynos :p

I think mine was in the low 3500's on a CAT scale without driver.

Last edited:

5lho

Established Member
The scales I used were both certified, one for my track and the other for earning money at the local waste management facility. They both confirmed identical weight. My "old car" was a loaded 2012 MGT stick with everything, including Brembo. The only thing missing was the glass roof.

Gotta go back and weigh the 2014 loaded auto car I have now....:)

noldevin

Established Member
As someone who works in the scale industry, not only do scales vary in quality and accuracy, but any good scale has to be calibrated. So el jefe is right they are quite a bit like dynos as far as variance goes :p

That being said, when I was at a NASA event my '14 Premium Track Pack weighed in at about 3680 with me and half a tank in it. I had all floor mats, trunk carpet, etc removed from the car and no spare. Only other mod at the time was Borla S-Types which probably helped a little. I weighed about 180 at the time. I was happily surprised, but I have no idea how accurate their 4-corner scale setup was.

Users who are viewing this thread