2011 GT500 clutch engagement?

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
I haven't driven my GT500 for a few weeks and decided to take it out today. I have been driving my new DD 14 WRX and when I went to pull the GT500 out, the clutch engages at the very top (the WRX engages in the middle). Is this normal for it to engage at the last few inches of travel? The car has just under 7k miles and has always been on street tires with no racing. I have had the car on the dyno a few times for tuning but other than that not much abuse. The car is a VMP TVS car but that shouldn't matter because it is a spirited Sunday car with no launches on it.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Not sure if its the same as the 12 clutch but mine starts to engage around 2-3 inches from the floor.

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
Different clutches are going to let off at different points. You might only notice it now because you have been driving your new car. My 07 gt has an aftermarket clutch and starts grabbing as soon as you move your foot the tiniest bit. The 500 starts grabbing well after the half way point. It is prob no different then before, just got to get use to both at the same time

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
Different clutches are going to let off at different points. You might only notice it now because you have been driving your new car. My 07 gt has an aftermarket clutch and starts grabbing as soon as you move your foot the tiniest bit. The 500 starts grabbing well after the half way point. It is prob no different then before, just got to get use to both at the same time

Yeah, it just feels like the catch point is at the very top with little wear left.

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
Don't really have to do with wear as much as you think. A brand new clutch has only a couple millimeters of clutch pads on them. So your 3+ inches of pedal/slave cyl travel. It does have a little bit to do with the fingers on the pressure plate butadiene long D your not slipping, it's still good. The pressure plate on these stock clutches should outlast the disks too.

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
And my 08 is the same way with only 5k on it. My buddies was at about 10k before it went due to power but before that, it was the same.

Users who are viewing this thread