2011 GT500 NO HEAT!! Help!!!

damien256

Established Member
Hi guys;
The Problem: So I finally brought home my 11'Kona Blue Vert. On the way home from AZ, I turned the heat on only to be doused with COLD air!! Yikes!! WHAT GIVES?? The car only has 2K miles on it (or did before the 2k+ trip home), its freaking brand new!!

I have tried every mode, recirculate, defrost, you name it and nada!! The best I could do was coax a little warm air out if once or twice, but nothing consistent or even close to hot air, mostly ICE COLD.

The Question: Does any one have a clue as to where to start looking to fix it. I understand it has multiple blend door actuators, but before I start thrashing on it, it would be nice if somebody on here could share their experience troubleshooting this. Like where to look first, how to test, etc.....

Please help

Thanks Guys

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
You could have air in the coolant which prevents the coolant from getting to the heater core, or the thermostat failed and the car is running cold.

Willie

Established Member
You should have stayed here!

My guess is the climate control assembly is not functioning properly, the section of it that controls the cold / hot...

damien256

Established Member
You could have air in the coolant which prevents the coolant from getting to the heater core, or the thermostat failed and the car is running cold.
Your Absolutely Right AIR BOUND!!!! FIXED!!!!
I got this funnel with attachments for different radiators, caps, various size couplings, connected it up,
Filled it about 3/4 full, started the car......WAALAA bubbles/AiR galore.Not sure why so much air but, who cares, it aint there no more.
thanks for the help guys

Users who are viewing this thread