2011 gt500 svtpp front rotor question/advice

jonw605

Established Member
Hey guys wondering if anybody could some advice on some front rotors.
I bought my '11 knowing the front rotors have warped and are pulsating. Being a svtpp it has front brembos. Anyone recommend a good aftermarket rotor without breaking the bank??? I've researched but results are conflicting.
Thanks in advance.

barspen

Established Member
All 2011's GT500's have front 14" Brembos stock.

Couple questions - What's your budget? Do you care what they look like? Do you track your car?

I just put on StopTech cryo treated drilled front rotors on my 2011. They are really nice IMHO. Bought them from AutoAnything with a good coupon to make the price reasonable.

There are lots of rotor choices (1 piece, 2 piece, light weight, drilled, slotted, ect) with a wide variety of prices ($75-$400+ each), so do your homework on some of the GT500 web forums. I'd stay away from eBay no-name brands as some of the them are of questionable quality.

BTW, when you change rotors, buy a good quality pad for your application (DD, aggressive street, track, etc).

Good luck!

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
^^^ All good advice and things to think about. I went with DBA 4000 series rotors with Hawk HPS pads for high performance street application and this combo works great with minimal brake dust. Paid right at $1k for the upgrade a few years ago.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
http://brakeperformance.com/brake-rotors/Premium-Dimpled-and-Slotted-Brake-Rotors.php
Ran this brand on my 2003 GT with cobra front brakes and LOVED them. I'm sure they are far from the lightest, but I cracked a set of FRPP cross drilled rotors in months, then ran these for years. It's what I'll use when I decide to upgrade mine (probably at my next pad change)

^+1---I bought mine here as well and they're great! Then just went to autozone and bought their gold pads. They work great together!

finally03gt

Established Member
Oh yea. I wouldn't use the pads that come "free" with the rotors..haha. I'll probably go with Hawks. And slightly off topic, but if my 2003 GT (for sale by the way) is any indication.... SS lines are worth EVERY penny.

jonw605

Established Member
Thanks guys for the responses. I went with the stoptech cryo treated drilled rotors and a set of hawk brake pads. Ended up finding the best deal on Tire Rack. Rotors were $111/piece and pads were $130. So $352 shipped to my door for everything. I'll give a review after we thaw out (probably in april) :(

Users who are viewing this thread