2011 GT500 SVTPP

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If you have the G2 Goodyears on the car, i will guarentee you that was the major issue. Yes the stock rear suspension is soft but the G2 tires are ****ing deathwishes.

Your car will LOVE a nice set of high performance all seasons. You should know 1st and some of 2nd is useless even with season appropriate rubber on the street for daily use. A nice all season like Michelin pilot AS3 or BFG Comp-2 A/S or Continental all seasons will do well in climates that have cool mornings and evenings with warm days.

UHP summer only tires are outright dangerous in cool to cold weather. But there is a special place in hell for Goodyear G2s.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I might be one of the only people who doesn't hate the stock tire. Yeah, it's very temperature sensitive, but when it's hot out, it sticks like crazy in the corners on the street. That said, though, it's not well rounded enough with such a narrow range for optimum performance. Would I buy them again? Only in a worst case scenario. But I don't hate them.

V8Flexin

Established Member
The movement over bumps is due to the panhard bar design. When the suspension compresses the rear axle goes one way and then goes the other when decompressed. Basically the rear axle is yo-yoing left to right over bumps which is scary when not used to it or expected.

Sent from my PURE XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread