2011 gt500 vs m4

roxas4620

Established Member
So I was cruising around town in my stock 2011 gt500, pulled up to a red light and some BMW pulled right up behind me. Light turns green I do a half throttle pull and the BMW is on my ass, so I gun it and pull away a little. The BMW gets in the left lane and does a fly by, that's when I notice the m4 badge and realize this was gunna be fun. We pull up to another red light this time properly lined up. Of course the compliments over each others cars comes up but I know we still had one more race to do. The light turns green we both leave, I'm spinning through first, shift into second and the end of 2nd I'm half a car length on him. He shuts it down, waves and turns off. I'm pretty sure it was the dual clutch transmission as well. I'm just glad that there are people who buy a car like that and drive them the way they were ment to be driven.

bokyo1987

Established Member
Good kill, op! Both cars should dip into 11s bone stock with everything going well, I'd say it's a good match.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Those' m4's are no slouch for the power that they have. I had one rip me a new A-Hole when I had my Camaro. I was shocked because it ran away so quickly for being equally matched - power wise. I started looking at them but they are wanting almost 80 grand for them. I'll wait a year or so and wait for them to depreciate. I'm sure I could find a good 50-60k deal on the CPO lot before next years model.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Those' m4's are no slouch for the power that they have. I had one rip me a new A-Hole when I had my Camaro. I was shocked because it ran away so quickly for being equally matched - power wise. I started looking at them but they are wanting almost 80 grand for them. I'll wait a year or so and wait for them to depreciate. I'm sure I could find a good 50-60k deal on the CPO lot before next years model.

Totally agree on them wanting WAY too much. BMWs are like P cars, way too much sticker hit, you can get a year or two old vehicle with no miles for like 60% of sticker.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Totally agree on them wanting WAY too much. BMWs are like P cars, way too much sticker hit, you can get a year or two old vehicle with no miles for like 60% of sticker.
This holds true for all luxury cars but M3’s (well M4 as well?) usually hold their value pretty good. M5’s are a different story.

Good kill OP! Both cars run great! Im afraid of running into one since I know he would pull on my Cobra out of the hole and itll be late for me to catch up.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
This holds true for all luxury cars but M3’s (well M4 as well?) usually hold their value pretty good. M5’s are a different story.

Good kill OP! Both cars run great! Im afraid of running into one since I know he would pull on my Cobra out of the hole and itll be late for me to catch up.

Just seems like the M cars and P cars take a stout hit once you eclipse either 2 model years or 20-30k miles.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Nice kill! I actually ran one the other day in my V. Starting in regular auto mode he jumped out on me and it took a while to run him down. When I put it in sport mode and dropped it down a couple gears I jumped out on him right away and put a few lengths on him before shutting down.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
I was curious how a V2 would stack against a M4. On paper they are terrible comparisons, but on the track it's closer than one would like.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
They have one locally for sale... They want 80k for it... Not sure if I even want to bother because I would never spend that on a car with 425hp...

Quik Z06

Established Member
I was curious how a V2 would stack against a M4. On paper they are terrible comparisons, but on the track it's closer than one would like.

Stock it would probably be a good race. Lol, but I'm not stock.

Users who are viewing this thread