2011 GT500 vs STI

DirtyMcArthur

BIG RED
Established Member
There's an 04/05(?) STI in my town that I see running around from time to time and I finally caught up with him one night going the same way so we had some fun :rolling: In the turns he did well but never left my sights and on a straight away, I had to let off the gas continuously otherwise I'd rear end his ass. I'd blow past him but there was on coming traffic and I'm not trying to die but I could see clear through his windshield even with my headlight glare. It tickled me on the inside :lol:

Last edited:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Sweet car you have there! Unless that STI has some serious mods going on, that race would have been over before it even started...I think he is "gonna need a bigger boat"..

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Sweet car you have there! Unless that STI has some serious mods going on, that race would have been over before it even started...I think he is "gonna need a bigger boat"..

+1 a STi is so way outclassed by even a GT much less a GT500 its not even funny to try. Unless youre like most real enthusiasts where you know youre gonna get raped but want to have fun anyways.

DirtyMcArthur

BIG RED
Established Member
Thanks for the love ;-)

+1 a STi is so way outclassed by even a GT much less a GT500 its not even funny to try. Unless youre like most real enthusiasts where you know youre gonna get raped but want to have fun anyways.

I had a 2007 Charger R/T that I traded in for this and as an enthusiast that you're describing, I didn't care how much more horsepower the other guy had, as long as they'd run with me and show me the power of their car, I didn't care if I won or lost, I always smiled the entire ride.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Thanks for the love ;-)

I had a 2007 Charger R/T that I traded in for this and as an enthusiast that you're describing, I didn't care how much more horsepower the other guy had, as long as they'd run with me and show me the power of their car, I didn't care if I won or lost, I always smiled the entire ride.

Thats what its all about.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Story was EEEHHH but that Shelby is OFF DA CHAINZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon: :D

My favorite color combo on the GT500's..

DirtyMcArthur

BIG RED
Established Member
Story was EEEHHH but that Shelby is OFF DA CHAINZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon: :D

My favorite color combo on the GT500's..

Thanks man and yeah the story could've been way better but the traffic situation would've made things way too dangerous, hopefully I'll get another chance at it on an empty road, god willing

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Thanks man and yeah the story could've been way better but the traffic situation would've made things way too dangerous, hopefully I'll get another chance at it on an empty road, god willing

I meant no disrespect by the way you told your story bro but we all know that you would have more than likely sexually molested that STI :beer:

DirtyMcArthur

BIG RED
Established Member
I meant no disrespect by the way you told your story bro but we all know that you would have more than likely sexually molested that STI :beer:
No disrepect taken :beer: I'm just waiting for another no-traffic rematch to properly lay waste to the STI, they're great cars though

DirtyMcArthur

BIG RED
Established Member
Any tracks near you? and whats the elevation on the east coast? is it better than the west?

Nah, no strips around here. The only track we have is only for enduro racing, it sucks here. Wer'e at sea level so the air is decent but humid in the summer. I'll be heading to Massachusetts on friday so I'm hoping they have some tracks somewhere near there

tomcat

Forever Foxbodys
Established Member
As an STi guy (as well as a Cobra guy) and I was cruising around in my Suby and saw your (admittedly awesome looking GT500!) I would say give me my race and i'll give you yours. Race him from a dig up to 80-100. If the Sti has the driver mod it might be interesting. If he has a turbo upgrade (like so many do) it might hurt your feelings. Any type of roll race and the Suby would be hurt, though......

DirtyMcArthur

BIG RED
Established Member
As an STi guy (as well as a Cobra guy) and I was cruising around in my Suby and saw your (admittedly awesome looking GT500!) I would say give me my race and i'll give you yours. Race him from a dig up to 80-100. If the Sti has the driver mod it might be interesting. If he has a turbo upgrade (like so many do) it might hurt your feelings. Any type of roll race and the Suby would be hurt, though......

True, STI's have amazing launch capabilities even stock. What I'd really like to race is a jeep srt8 off the line and see how long it takes to catch him:burnout:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Nah, no strips around here. The only track we have is only for enduro racing, it sucks here. Wer'e at sea level so the air is decent but humid in the summer. I'll be heading to Massachusetts on friday so I'm hoping they have some tracks somewhere near there

I used to from Jersey (sad to say) and all the NY guys would head over to Englishtown or Hackettstown...or run on the street...LOL

We used to have a good rivalry though with Staten Island..

Alien STI

Established Member

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread