2011 GT500. What is everyone doing for rear calipers??

blowndeadline

Established Member
I have 6 piston/15" brembos on the front. Rear discs are 13.8". What aftermarket calipers are people running or are they sticking with the factory calipers? My car looks great but the calipers on the rear don't look right !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Wilwood Shelby 6 piston front and 4 piston back.
c968db21b2753f893c973d30f278ddd6.jpg
10b50cc3089188f8b4e77eb3af5896fb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

noldevin

Established Member
Keep the stock calipers. The front does the majority of your stopping and the last thing you want to do is lock up the rears before the fronts.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
There are tons of people road coursing s197 cars and the most you'll see on the rear brakes is the 13-14 gt500 larger rotor setup

That just sounds weird for the set up.

Is there not a proportioning valve to portion the braking power?

I have the Wilwood 6 piston up front and 4 piston out back. i did notice a huge difference in stopping with the Wilwoods over factory. i'm also led to believe that the factory Brembo ( at least for the '12, 4 piston) are not the same as aftermarket Brembo's you can purchase. These calipers have Brembo logos, but on the inside caliper (backside) there is the stamping FOMOCO.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
That just sounds weird for the set up.

Is there not a proportioning valve to portion the braking power?

I have the Wilwood 6 piston up front and 4 piston out back. i did notice a huge difference in stopping with the Wilwoods over factory. i'm also led to believe that the factory Brembo ( at least for the '12, 4 piston) are not the same as aftermarket Brembo's you can purchase. These calipers have Brembo logos, but on the inside caliper (backside) there is the stamping FOMOCO.

This is true. There is no proportioning valve.

I have the 13 calipers up front and a relo bracket in back (rear caliper is identical 10-14). The calipers are made by brembo but have the ford part number stamped into the casting. The ford Brembos are not monobloc.

Users who are viewing this thread