2011 GT500 Won't idle when warm

sprayedGT500

Established Member
I have a 2011 GT500 with JBA longtubes, O/R H-Pipe, Steeda Mufflers, Metco 2.6, JLT 123mm CAI, 4.10 gears, TR6 plugs, suspension upgrades and wheels and tires. My issue is when I first start the car it runs excellent, but when it gets up to normal operating temperature it always wants to stall. When I pull up to a stop sign or red light it wants to die if I'm not pedaling it. It will stall if I'm not most of the time. If I let the car cool down it runs good again until it warms up. Does anyone have any insight as to what can be the issue. I cleaned MAF, throttle bodie, blower elbow. I'm lost and this thing is really getting on my nerves. It ran excellent and over winter I did the longtubes, O/R H-pipe, and metco 2.6, and tune. Before that i had a steeda 2.7. Not much change to have all this hassle.

Thanks in advance

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
I had a similar issue with my 2v GT which is obviously a completely different setup, but my idle air control valve had quite a bit of carbon build up in there.

beau t

Established Member
you didn't happen to wash the motor, i washed the motor on a 04 cobra and had the same issue ran fine till motor got hot enough for the computer to go closed loop, ran a couple different checks with a scanner, couldn't find anything out of the ordinary, started checking the plugs found water down 1 of the holes
for the spark plugs.

SirShaun

Established Member
I had a crap tune once, that made my 3v surge really bad when up to temp. You might need to data log it and put it in front of your tuner.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I had a similar issue with my 2v GT which is obviously a completely different setup, but my idle air control valve had quite a bit of carbon build up in there.

I had a similar issue with the IAC valve on my 2V Explorer, but it was the opposite. Wouldn't idle when cold, but would once warmed up. Cleaned it and it ran great since.

OP - Who is the tune from?

ibleedblue65

Established Member
An 11 gt500 doesnt have an iac. Op your idle issue is most likely due to the longtubes. Either that or you have a vacuum leak. It's fairly common on the copperhead and newer stuff to have idle issues after installing Lts as it screws with closed loop fueling control and has to be tuned properly.

Did you inform lund that the car has longtubes and that you have an idle issue?

sprayedGT500

Established Member
Yeah Ive been working with Lund on this issue and i think we got it figured out. I didn't have oil separators and all the oil getting pumped back through my PCV clogged my intercooler up and my iat2 temp was too high. I put in separators and wired my intercooler pump to run all the time and now its good to go. Thanks for the help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread