2011 mustang comp cams need advice

yellowstang1788

Established Member
i have a 2011 mustang gt fully forged bottom end and full bolt ons besides cams..do any of you all have cams in your cars and wat was the gains and do you like them? thanks for any advice

twistedneck

Established Member
I have read conflicting reports.. I opted for the cobra jet cams so I can have full ti-vct sweep. the comp cams have a much bigger duration than the cobra jets that's why they need the 20 degree limit on cam adjustment. but they are only 12mm lift vs. 13/13 for the cj cams.

my stuff is still getting built now cause as you know cams aint no garage job. i'll let you know how it works!

also, Michael at L&M engines has a custom race coyote asymmetric cam that uses 30 degree limiters, that's the best of both worlds probably since its using all of the overlap and duration possible :)

don't forget mmr makes a similar cam setup for NA with three stages just like comp.

long story short, guys have seen a min of 10HP improvement and reduced torque all the way to 70HP bump and 30 torque bump. depends on your combination, dyno, etc.

Last edited:

alex12gt

Established Member
All depends what you going for i spoke with brenspeed and they said for the cost of the cams and install its not worth the gains and they test them for comp if that tells ya anything

Users who are viewing this thread