2011 Mustang GT vs. Ferrari 430 Scuderia @ Grattan Raceway

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
better than roll racing vids anyday! well done! looks like it might be time for a rear sway bar though. lol

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
If anything it needs less rear bar. That car is...lively, LOL

true, i guess rear spring rate could have a lot to do with it too. i know that my TP car (which uses a BOSS rear sway) was not nearly that tail happy at that around my local track. and of course the boss car is thicker. maybe a an adjustable could help balance the front vs rear and dial out that lift off oversteer.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Don't EVER take the rear sway bar off the car. Very poor way to hide an improper suspension. Great driving OP! Gotta love what these cars can do with some love on the track. On a side note, I've been debating on whether or not to sell my Continental slick/gt500 setup. 275/35 takeoff Challenge slicks on factory 07-09 wheels. Tires are really really nice.

Do you have a Torsen, or any plans for one in the future? That would settle down the car a lot.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Don't EVER take the rear sway bar off the car. Very poor way to hide an improper suspension. Great driving OP! Gotta love what these cars can do with some love on the track. On a side note, I've been debating on whether or not to sell my Continental slick/gt500 setup. 275/35 takeoff Challenge slicks on factory 07-09 wheels. Tires are really really nice.

Do you have a Torsen, or any plans for one in the future? That would settle down the car a lot.

take the sway bar off?

I've got the torsen setup, maybe thats why i don't encounter that lift off oversteer.

Speedboosted

Established Member
take the sway bar off?

I've got the torsen setup, maybe thats why i don't encounter that lift off oversteer.

Yeah, don't take the sway bar off. It'll turn the car into a mess. I would like to see his car with a watts link and a very low roll center position. I bet it would track out of corners much nicer then it does now without changing sway bars.

What gears do you run with the Torsen?

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Yeah, don't take the sway bar off. It'll turn the car into a mess. I would like to see his car with a watts link and a very low roll center position. I bet it would track out of corners much nicer then it does now without changing sway bars.

What gears do you run with the Torsen?

3.73s. great for a mid length track. watts link is next for me, along with new tires as my pirellis are finally done.

i didn't mean take the rear sway bar off, but to get an aftermarket adjustable. but your suggestion of a WL is the end all. they are magic on these cars. unreal differences.

Speedboosted

Established Member
3.73s. great for a mid length track. watts link is next for me, along with new tires as my pirellis are finally done.

i didn't mean take the rear sway bar off, but to get an aftermarket adjustable. but your suggestion of a WL is the end all. they are magic on these cars. unreal differences.

They really are. Currently have a Lakewood that I fixed up and made into a suitable watts that I'm now selling for $340 if you're interested. Picked up a poly bushing bmr one so it's quieter on our crappy roads. I'm curious on how you like the Boss rear bar, been thinking about that. What are you looking at for tires? I run 275 Rivals all the way around on a different set of gt500s and I love them. PM me if you want so we don't clutter his thread too much. Lol

u1cobra

Established Member
Cool video with nice sound and great driving!:rockon:
Thanks for share.:beer:

smallblock

Established Member
These are all good suggestions. I have been wanting to get a T2r Torsen diff for a while now, and adjustable sway bars. A watts link would be great as well. i was speaking to a ford engineer who was saying it can be bennificial to go with a softer rear bar after installing stiffer suspension. It sounds counter intuitive I know

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That was impressive car control; the back end really wanted to beat the front through some of those corners :)

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Is my graphics card acting up or was that video stepped up by .25? It was like watching a movie from the 1920s! LOL

smallblock

Established Member
Is my graphics card acting up or was that video stepped up by .25? It was like watching a movie from the 1920s! LOL

I'll take that as a compliment. Here is the time slip from Harry's lap timer. Feel free to compare with the cleanest laps from the video I posted. This was my best lap that session:
image.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread