2011 Mustang prices released

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
There is no way you can even put the Terminators in the same class as this car. The amount of potential in a VERY underrated Terminator would decimate the new GT. Don't act like you don't remember the smoking deals on them around late 2004.

Over 30k for a GT... Bull shit.

30k for a gt that can out handle and run neck and neck with a 35k 03/04 mustang svt in the 1320 is BS? We wont even mention its a better built car with a far nicer interior! And it cost 3k less(cobra came with leather)!

Smokin deals only because the dealers needed to give them away.:rollseyes

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Well, the Cobra will outperform the GT if you're talking about power potential, there is absolutely no doubt about that. However, the new GT will out-handle the Cobra, it's way more refined, it gets better gas mileage, has WAY more standard options along with a way nicer interior.

I will probably sell my Cobra to buy one, (that or an LS3 C6 :-D). Horsepower isn't everything.

Think about this for a second though:
How many dealers are going to rape people who want a GT
by charging "Maket adjustment"?

Some dealers will try to tack on market adjustments when they are first released. Some idiots will actually pay that market adjustment as well. However, this is a MUSTANG GT, not an SVT or any other car with low production #s. In other words there will be a ton of them produced, IMO there will be GTs to be had for MSRP or even under.

50 Proof

Established Member
30k for a gt that can out handle and run neck and neck with a 35k 03/04 mustang svt in the 1320 is BS? We wont even mention its a better built car with a far nicer interior! And it cost 3k less(cobra came with leather)!

Stock vs stock, it's obvious that the '11 is a better built car. But that's where it ends. How many of us leave our cars stock? Beyond stock vs stock, the '11 GT does not offer any significant advantages. The modability potential of a Terminator exceeds way beyond that of the '11 GT. After you consider the modability factory, the only advantage that the '11 GT has is refinement. But then again I think most people who buy a Mustang do so because they are NOT looking for a BMW or a Mercedes. Nicer interior and comfort are not selling points for me when I look at Mustangs. Sometimes that raw nature of a car and being able to feel how it responds to your driving is more appealing to some than feeling like you're floating on a cloud. I don't know about you but I tend to stare at the road when I drive, not so much at my door panels or center console.

Last edited:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
I wonder how many people posting in this thread have driven an S197 mustang for more than a test drive.

Even though my Cobra was significantly faster than my 06 GT, I preferred driving my GT. It was more comfortable and frankly more fun to drive. The 2011 takes care of almost all of my complaints regarding the 06 I had.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I wonder how many people posting in this thread have driven an S197 mustang for more than a test drive.

Even though my Cobra was significantly faster than my 06 GT, I preferred driving my GT. It was more comfortable and frankly more fun to drive. The 2011 takes care of almost all of my complaints regarding the 06 I had.

+1

For a DD, I will take more comfort and refinement over a 2 sec better laptime anyday. Not like I'm going to doing any time trials on the way to work. :lol1:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I've driven my dads 06 a few times, and my biggest complaint is it felt too big and heavy, its a convertable, I did like the clutch set up better, but honestly I felt like I was in a tank size wize...and I have made my car more rigid than the s-197 so that argument is out the door for me, interior wise all I car about is the seats, I wasnt impressed with the 06 seats, I would have to try the 11's to see if they are any better. 03-04 cobra seats were much better in my opinion.

The gt does have 400 horsepower and a six-speed which is certainly a selling point to me, I figure the extra horsepower should compensate for the weight, I will def. look at one as my next sports car, but I will also be looking at used Shelby's and 03-04 cobras.

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member

Well say what you want, these new GTs are Terminator food. I'm sure some ass clown will develop some $5000 cams and intake that might get it to around 450 rwhp and claim how absolutely ASTOUNDING it is and that some monumentous feat has been reached, only to get eaten up on the highway by a car with shoddy build quality. I guess the new GT will enjoy it's freshly spanked ass in style with plush leather and colorful gagues. Why don't you lobby the Terminator forum to give up their $35k cars with $xxx in mods for this new ride that can out handle and "hang neck and neck" with in the 1320.

I'm using real world instances, not magazine/forum banter racing or a typical abysmal metric for success (Oh wow, 450 rwhp, but it only cost $20k in engine to do it!) that I see among the more 'special' Mustang owners-- especially when in the most common setting (the highway/saturday night dragstrip), Goober in his 7 year old Camaro will tear this car up while caring less what it does around a racetrack to M3s or its ride quality, leather, etc. None of the shit you mentioned has anything to do with the reasons I'd pay that kind of money for a car like this.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Blah blah blah. All I hear is a bunch of whiny crybabys crying that their oh so precious "Terminators" are no longer the "greatest Mustang to exist on planet Earth."

The 2011 has it all - power, handling, looks, room, technology, and comfort - all for 30k.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
We're all Family here

We're all Mustang fans, here, people. The beauty of this car is that we can each make it what we want it to be, new or used.

As for the 2011 cars:
* For those of us interested in the best value, there is a 300+ horsepower V6 model that will come close to running with the 2010 GT.
* For those of us who want a smooth daily driver with some serious power, there's the 2011 GT.
* For those of us who want maximum thrust, go with the GT500.

I agree that the Mustang has lost some of it's "EXTREME" value that made the 1965 model such a hit, but hopefully Ford will work to keep the price in check over the remainder of the S-197 run. They have to, the market for a gas guzzling muscle car has to be saturated by now.

For those of use who want maximum potential on a tighter budget, the Terminator makes a great option.

Each Mustang fills the needs of its owner...That is what has allowed the Mustang to last for 45 years uninterrupted. Buy the one you want, customize it to make it your own, enjoy the pleasure of driving it, and it will be the Best Mustang Ever... to you.

The 1970 Boss 429 was no more or less of a Mustang than the 1965 fastback or the 1982 Mustang GT. Let's enjoy them all, and stop arguing over which is best. They are all Mustangs... they are all winners in my book.

Formula51

Established Member
+1

For a DD, I will take more comfort and refinement over a 2 sec better laptime anyday. Not like I'm going to doing any time trials on the way to work. :lol1:

You should do some time trials, its fun! Buy one and we'll go do it sometime. Hope your doing well man. The Tigers almost got it done this year (I was at the GT game in Tampa)!

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I saw a 2011 Mustang GT today with the new 5.0. It had an 1984 Ford Econoline body kit on it. Pure sweetness! It was a dead give away because I could see the same SRA suspension underneath.

because solid axles work. You can build it to perform well at the drags or you can build it to handle well. You don't need IRS to be able to build an outstanding handling car. A car with a SRA can be built to handle quite well actually. Someone recently told me that Corvettes still use leaf springs in one form or another, so there's some food for thought for you.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Well say what you want, these new GTs are Terminator food. I'm sure some ass clown will develop some $5000 cams and intake that might get it to around 450 rwhp and claim how absolutely ASTOUNDING it is and that some monumentous feat has been reached, only to get eaten up on the highway by a car with shoddy build quality. I guess the new GT will enjoy it's freshly spanked ass in style with plush leather and colorful gagues. Why don't you lobby the Terminator forum to give up their $35k cars with $xxx in mods for this new ride that can out handle and "hang neck and neck" with in the 1320.

With your logic, the 03/04 svt mustang is better than the 00 svt R. I believe most people on this board would disagree with you.:poke:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
I am a happy 03 Terminator Vert. owner with some good mods. The new 11 GT Vert., Factory order Track pack and Brembo Brake options. Gotta figuire FRPP and Roush will offer a standard and up-graded Blower. Currently the standard Blower up-grade and Tune is about 110 HP, 520 Crank sounds like about 450-460 Rwhp on a Dynojet. Install it when the car is new for about 7.5K with warranty, hopefully. HMM, that is beginning to get my attention. Gonna monitor the info. as the car comes out this spring, should be interesting. Only thing it's missing is an IRS....

fast_lane

Cobra Junkie
Established Member
I will wait until they are used and buy a nice loaded model with around 10k miles for 25k or less.
I have thought of Leasing as an option, you can still modify, as long as you keep the old parts and reinstall them when the lease is up. If you decide you like the car too much you can buy it then and not have to take anything off...

steeltoe

Established Member
The true base difference between a Camaro 1SS and Mustang GT is $1300 and for the Premium vs 2ss it's $1100. Remember too, the Camro doesn't even offer anything like Sync or Navigation, or gear options, etc, etc.

The Camaro has something that is better then Sync. Its called Onstar and its standard.

97BlackCobra

Holy jeez. Been away from the stang universe for a bit, training on a new job and now training others.

This is amazing to have a 412 horse GT with all of these new refinements. I was actually having a dream about driving the 2011 couple months ago.

I hope the "price adjustments" aren't too vicious!

Users who are viewing this thread