2011 mustang vortech supercharged new best!!

D.T.R

Established Member
Great run! That MPH is pretty high for only 590rwhp.:banana:

exactly

That's what my Honda traps at 600whp on a lighter car that spins forever and known for a higher trap and shitty ET .. something doesn't add up :(

Last edited:

cmsnake

Established Member
WOW! Thank you for posting! Been considering the vortech for a while but havnt seen any hard numbers. Looks like the centris are no slouch on the coyote!

2FST-4U

Established Member
Remember guys dyno's are used for tuning not for racing car made 614 uncorrected and 590 corrected on a mustang dyno and they tend to read lower than a dynojet. it is what it is believe it or not also remember not every dyno is the same and a lot of people get caught up with these big dyno numbers. ;-)

Last edited:

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
That's hauling the mail. Way to rep the centri crowd. Still makes me think I need an A6. I just cant bring myself to do it.

Cuco5.0

Established Member
What PSI are you running? I don't care about the numbers to tell you the truth, i would just like to know what it takes to run that kind of MPH. You would put the walking on ALOT of cars with that kind of MPH.

kevinp

Established Member
Thanks guys.. I always buy 2 gallons of sunoco 104 unleaded race gas mixed with 93 pump gas. kevin i like both blowers but i like the vortech alot more due to the fact that it never quits pulling were the roush felt a little flat up top. car made 590 rwhp on a mustang dyno.

590 is about right on a Mustang if it hasnt been recalibrated to dynojet numbers, you can look at the car weight and mph and pretty much figure out the rwhp. None of my cars ever dyno high, but they run well and thats what I care about, I just use the dyno for tuning.

You were pretty much at the end of the TVS's rope with your old car so I could see it feeling a little flat up top, I'm only shifting at 7000 and with the 82mm pulley it feels fine up top.

Car looks/sounds/runs great, congrats again. These cars run some pretty amazing numbers.

Bad Intention

Established Member
Remember guys dyno's are used for tuning not for racing car made 614 uncorrected and 590 corrected on a mustang dyno and they tend to read lower than a dynojet. it is what it is believe it or not also remember not every dyno is the same and a lot of people get caught up with these big dyno numbers. ;-)

+1 People get to hung up on Dyno #'s. It is just a tool to dial tunes in. Congrats Omar.

2FST-4U

Established Member
590 is about right on a Mustang if it hasnt been recalibrated to dynojet numbers, you can look at the car weight and mph and pretty much figure out the rwhp. None of my cars ever dyno high, but they run well and thats what I care about, I just use the dyno for tuning.

You were pretty much at the end of the TVS's rope with your old car so I could see it feeling a little flat up top, I'm only shifting at 7000 and with the 82mm pulley it feels fine up top.

Car looks/sounds/runs great, congrats again. These cars run some pretty amazing numbers.

Thanks again Kevin.. i do alot of research and i see what works and what not works on these cars. this is my 6th s197 and my second 5.0 and all i can say is these 5.0s are the real shit. and Ford finally got it right. ;-)

Last edited:

kevinp

Established Member
Thanks again Kevin.. i do alot of research and i see what works and what not works on these cars. this my 6th s197 and my second 5.0 and all i can say is these 5.0s are the real shit. and Ford finally got it right. ;-)

I was the same way with LS F-bodies (I skipped the whole 4.6 mustang era), every year I would buy a different one and try something else. The last one I built in two months from a stock car and ran 9.20s off the trailer lol, Got kinda bored with the whole thing and figured I'd try one of these.

But yea, Ford really got it right with the new 5.0, at least from a drag racers point of view. So far everything: PD, centri, nitrous and NA works well on these. If I was a little younger I would have this thing in the 9s already and a few different setups most likely, just dont feel like fooling with it :)

Out of curiosity you still have the stock driveshaft in it?

2FST-4U

Established Member
I was the same way with LS F-bodies (I skipped the whole 4.6 mustang era), every year I would buy a different one and try something else. The last one I built in two months from a stock car and ran 9.20s off the trailer lol, Got kinda bored with the whole thing and figured I'd try one of these.

But yea, Ford really got it right with the new 5.0, at least from a drag racers point of view. So far everything: PD, centri, nitrous and NA works well on these. If I was a little younger I would have this thing in the 9s already and a few different setups most likely, just dont feel like fooling with it :)

Out of curiosity you still have the stock driveshaft in it?
yes still stock drive shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread