1/4 mile
--
0-62 mph
3.9 seconds
Top Speed
--

Limited edition racing car: 911 GT3 RS 4.0

Stuttgart

With the 911 GT3 RS 4.0, one of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart’s most popular, coveted and successful racing pedigree production cars is entering the home straight. Limited to 600 vehicles, the 911 GT3 RS 4.0 brings together in a road car all the attributes that have made the Porsche 911 GT3 a serial winner on the race track. The new model purveys thoroughbred motorsport technology to its innermost core. The flat engine's crankshaft has been lifted unchanged from the 911 GT3 RSR racing car’s six cylinder engine and the forged pistons’ connecting rods are fashioned from titanium. The four-litre displacement sports engine, the biggest 911 model line engine ever, is also the most powerful naturally aspirated engine with 125 hp/litre (92 kW). It achieves its maximum power of 368 kW (500 hp) at 8,250 revs per minute. The engine delivers its maximum torque of 460 Newton metres at 5,750 rpm.

The 911 GT3 RS 4.0 offers truly impressive performance. The most eloquent figure: It makes it round the Nürburgring-Nordschleife in 7:27 minutes. The 911 GT3 4.0, available exclusively with a six-speed sports transmission, sprints to 100 km/h (62 mph) from a standing start in 3.9 seconds, its gearing designed for the racing circuit taking it to the 200 km/h (124 mph) mark in under 12 seconds.

The 911 GT3 RS 4.0’s outstanding driving dynamics are the fruit of meticulously coordinated details. In addition to using the suspension components typically encountered in motor racing, weight reduction is also of supreme importance. Equipped as standard with light weight components such as bucket seats, bonnet and front wings made of carbon fibre, plastic rear windows and weight-optimised carpets, the two-seater’s ready-for-road weight is a mere 1,360 kilograms with a full tank of fuel. At 2.72 kg/hp, the 911 GT3 RS 4.0’s power-to-weight ratio thereby dips below the magical threshold of 3 kilograms per hp.

The limited edition 911 is painted white as standard and emphasises its proximity to motor racing by its dynamic appearance. Trademark characteristics are the wide track, the low vehicle position, the large rear wing with adapted side plates, the typical central twin tailpipe and the aerodynamically optimised body. The lateral front air deflection vanes, so-called flics, making their first appearance on a production Porsche, testify to the aerodynamic precision engineering. They create increased downforce on the front axle and together with the steeply inclined rear wing bring the vehicle into aerodynamic equilibrium. As a result, at top speed, aerodynamic forces exert an additional 190 kg pushing the 911 GT3 RS 4.0 onto the road.

The market launch of the new Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 begins in Germany in July 2011. The basic list price is 178,596 euro including 19 per cent value added tax and country-specific equipment.

49065ced.jpg

eb854e03.jpg

ff52699c.jpg

50579201.jpg

80dee0ec.jpg

307282f0.jpg

10f3b0cb.jpg

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Its weird but almost every time I see a new sports car, the thing i usually envy the most are the seats! Man I wish my stang had seats like that!

99BOSS

Established Member
They never come up with anything new on the outside. I swear, all those models look alike. Porsche's styling will never have the awe factor of Ferrari and Lamborghini. They just live on leftover styling and refreshing the engine. Same old story. I like what Jeremy Clarkson said, "It still looks like a flattened VW Beetle".

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
They never come up with anything new on the outside. I swear, all those models look alike. Porsche's styling will never have the awe factor of Ferrari and Lamborghini. They just live on leftover styling and refreshing the engine. Same old story. I like what Jeremy Clarkson said, "It still looks like a flattened VW Beetle".

I was thinking the same thing, not much excitement here, still a sick car though!!

SVTsupremecy

Established Member

I agree 100%...they are great cars, but geez that styling I am just not fond of at all. They have used it for the past 20+ years it seems. Engineering wise it would be such a great car: small, good power, superb handling, interior is nice. If I were ever shelling out that kind of $ for a car...probably wouldn't be a Porsche just because I don't get that "excited" factor from.

recalcitrant

Established Member

I agree with you. But it's based on a lot of years of track time. That's what they are built for. If I'd taken my Terminator to the track, I'd have to replace damn near every wearable part on it after a session. The 911's are built for the track, with the ability to drive it home. Just a different mission than Lamborghini or Ferrari. I'd say of the Porsche owners I know, 50% put them on the track and drive the piss out of them. I do like watching Clarkson hate on them though!:thumbsup:

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member

First of all: **** Crapson. That ****ing guy is the most subjective car reviewer of all time. You can't even call him reviewer more like TV host. He is so biased it's not funny anymore.

Second: Would you change the looks of Megan Fox in Transformers 1? I sure wouldn't, same goes for the 911. Why change something that looks so good? Maybe throw Megan Fox into some different clothing in the year 2020, that's what Porsche is doing, just changing a little to keep it updated over time. I love the look of the Porsche. I know of course that taste is very different for each person.

GoatSlayer

Banned
First of all: **** Crapson. That ****ing guy is the most subjective car reviewer of all time. You can't even call him reviewer more like TV host. He is so biased it's not funny anymore.

Second: Would you change the looks of Megan Fox in Transformers 1? I sure wouldn't, same goes for the 911. Why change something that looks so good? Maybe throw Megan Fox into some different clothing in the year 2020, that's what Porsche is doing, just changing a little to keep it updated over time. I love the look of the Porsche. I know of course that taste is very different for each person.

Same old car, same old story nothing really new. You dont have to be Jeremy "Crapson" to figure that one out!:lol::lol:

AMBASSADOR OF GOATS:lol:

THE_STIG

Established Member
Perfection, when you have a platform and a style that works you don't need to change it. Porsche has always been a drivers car, they don't need the flashy, look at me things that Ferrari and Lamborghini do.

Users who are viewing this thread