2011 Recaro Swap

RBB

Established Member
I've been hunting for a pair of red stripe Recaros for years now with no luck, they never pop up. Finally found a set that's in great shape minus the driver's side airbag deploying. Not a big deal as the seam is designed to rip, which it did. Any decent auto upholstery shop should be able to stitch it back up good as new.

I've done some reading on the swap, Tob has a great thread here on a swap to an earlier model, but I have a few questions specific to a 2011/12....I'm seeing some conflicting info out there. I know a few of you guys have done this so hopefully someone can confirm.

• First up is the driver's side airbag, which I'd like to replace. Only thing I can find is this - CR3Z-63611D11-A, which indicates that it does not fit a Recaro seat. I'm unable to find a part # for the Recaro bag. Does this part actually fit the Recaro? If so, would the side airbag in my 2011 seat also fit?
  • I've found conflicting info on the driver's side seat. Is it plug and play, or do I need to swap my 2011 harness to the new seat?
  • The only thing I need to switch over on the passenger side seat is the occupancy sensor bladder? It isn't actually necessary to swap the black box/module that it plugs into over to the new seat?

Users who are viewing this thread