2011 sterling gray GT base

kingnut

Established Member
i went and test drove this bad boy today. nice but doesnt have the 373's. felt like it needed a little more gear. its used and have 7k miles on it. the only mod was a shelby catback. sounded good. they quoted me $28,852 OTD. arnt people getting 2012 with the brembo package for that OTD? someone chime in. i figured i could get it for 25k.

jbur074

Established Member
i went and test drove this bad boy today. nice but doesnt have the 373's. felt like it needed a little more gear. its used and have 7k miles on it. the only mod was a shelby catback. sounded good. they quoted me $28,852 OTD. arnt people getting 2012 with the brembo package for that OTD? someone chime in. i figured i could get it for 25k.

i just bought a car just like that, but it was stock and its got 3.31s. idk about up there, but a new GT with brembos are selling for like 5. i paid 28k for mine used with 10k miles. they had a used kona blue GT with brembos with like 16k miles for 32. i almost bought it but decided the brembos wernt really important to me sense i dont race and id rather spend that money on other mods

pohnjarker

Established Member
i paid 31k out the door for my brand new base sterling grey with brembo package and 3.73s...i think you can do much better, especially on a used GT.

BriansZ

Established Member
As others have said, that is no cheaper than a brand new one. I bought mine in October for $30,009 OTD and I have the 3.73 gears. I think the rebate on '11 models has increased also, so it would be even cheaper now.

IMO, if I was going to buy used I'd want at LEAST 10% off what I could get a new one for, so if you could get it for $26,000 OTD it might be worth it. Otherwise, why not buy new?

nocobrafornow

Established Member
32k for a used gt

i just bought a car just like that, but it was stock and its got 3.31s. idk about up there, but a new GT with brembos are selling for like 5. i paid 28k for mine used with 10k miles. they had a used kona blue GT with brembos with like 16k miles for 32. i almost bought it but decided the brembos wernt really important to me sense i dont race and id rather spend that money on other mods

32k with 16k mile is crazy i bought my premium auto new in Feb. and i paid 32000 otd. i wanted a premium auto offered 12 different dealers within 500 mile and 1 accepted. i know people are finding base cars for 28000plus otd but the premium is almost 3k more plus 995 for the auto. to the op just keep looking you will find a deal, the 2012 are hitting the streets and if a base is all you want i'm sure you'll find it. good luck

lucasjm

Established Member
You can do better. I paid $27600 for my base with 3.73s under A-plan (employee pricing), but I know you can get it for $28700 or something close to that under x-plan. I believe you can get an x-plan pin through being a member of mustang club of america or you should be able to easily negotiate down to that price.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

It appears that your purchase price is approximately $26,500 +++. While it seems a dash high, you will not come close to buying a 2012 for that price (with the current incentives). If you could find a new base 11' out there, then you may be able to buy this for a comparible price. It is funny how everyone always compares OTD numbers. Taxes and fees are different throughout the country, and have too many other factors to consider that most leave out.

You will not be able to buy that car for $25k OTD, as that would mean a selling price of approx. $23k +++. Assuming this, they would have had to give the previous owner $21k on trade..... I doubt that someone was willing to take that big of a bath on a brand new car.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Yeah I think SicShelby picked up his blaze yellow car with 3.73's and brembo for right about that brand new.

Again, not a fair comparison. I believe that he is the guy that had equity in his Shelby (of which he used a small portion of this), as well as stated that he did not pay any tax on the car due to the large credit received from trading the Shelby.

So basically he did not pay Purchase Price + Tax, Title, Doc. Using 7.5% as an estimate for taxes, others would have paid approx. $2100 additional.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Unless it has a few other mods done already I'd just look for a brand new one. Heck I'll sell you mine for $29k...only has 1050 miles on it

jbur074

Established Member
damn i got screwed, unfortunatly down here in dallas, we cant keep any GTs on the lot. i looked at almost every dealership for a new and they only had like CSs or more expensive ones, but to find a base with 3.73s and brembos was impossible. guess i should have done more looking in houston and farther towns :'( oh well i love my car anyways

kingnut

Established Member
It appears that your purchase price is approximately $26,500 +++. While it seems a dash high, you will not come close to buying a 2012 for that price (with the current incentives). If you could find a new base 11' out there, then you may be able to buy this for a comparible price. It is funny how everyone always compares OTD numbers. Taxes and fees are different throughout the country, and have too many other factors to consider that most leave out.

You will not be able to buy that car for $25k OTD, as that would mean a selling price of approx. $23k +++. Assuming this, they would have had to give the previous owner $21k on trade..... I doubt that someone was willing to take that big of a bath on a brand new car.

yeah they were trying to work me over. i know if i would go back there with $27k in hand they would move it. i think my price was $26,700 before taxes and fees. thing is im also looking at a house right now. so the house will come first.

i do love that color. its beautiful. one thing is i want the 3.73 gears. the 3.31's that are in it just dont feel like enough. although it is fast. the cloth seats felt great. i really liked them. i would like to drive a premium just to feel the difference though.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
yeah they were trying to work me over. i know if i would go back there with $27k in hand they would move it. i think my price was $26,700 before taxes and fees. thing is im also looking at a house right now. so the house will come first..

I don't think they were trying to work you over...If your price was $26,700 +++, they are probably in the car $24-$25k. Seems pretty resonable considering that there is not a large inventory of used GT's our there.

If you are looking to buy a house, and that will come first, why are you test driving and negotiating deals..?:shrug:

Last edited:

acrbill

Established Member
One thing to remember about buying used is that you will not get the good new car financing.

kingnut

Established Member
I don't think they were trying to work you over...If your price was $26,700 +++, they are probably in the car $24-$25k. Seems pretty resonable considering that there is not a large inventory of used GT's our there.

If you are looking to buy a house, and that will come first, why are you test driving and negotiating deals..?:shrug:

you have never multitasked? my new house has a garage. id like to have a 5.0 in it.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
you have never multitasked? my new house has a garage. id like to have a 5.0 in it.

Hell if you have the cash why not put a 997tt in the garage?:idea:you can find nice ones for about 80 now....

Cash for the down payment on the house.
cash for the down payment on the car.
cash left over for emergancies(I would say at least 6 months of expenses).

I believe the economy will get worse before it gets better(both food and gas are going up considerably). Good luck with everything!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread