2012 5.0 vs c5z

Riptide

Established Member
no worries it was in an earlier post responding to riptide saying any kid driving a current MY 5.0 had to have daddy buy it for them. :beer:
I didn't say "any kid". What I did say is that it's damn difficult and the majority can't afford it without help.

blackvette101

Established Member
It's really not that big of a deal but here you go word for word

I didn't say "any kid". What I did say is that it's damn difficult and the majority can't afford it without help.

Any "kid" who is a first time mustang owner probably isn't driving a 5.0. They are driving a cheaper, older, used mustang worth maybe 10-15. Unless daddy bought them the car.

First time current MY owners are going to usually be adults. With money.

Unfortunately. Adults are perfectly capable of acting like children.

you specifically said any kid. unless daddy bought them the car. Like i said though it's not something to get all worked up over.

Last edited:

Riptide

Established Member
It's really not that big of a deal but here you go word for word
Apparently I did say it. I guess it depends on your definition of "kid". To me 20 somethings are adults.
Like i said though it's not something to get all worked up over.
Not worked up. :beer:
Well I guess that's up to the person. But from a technical standpoint most part time minimum wage workers take home at least 200 bucks a week. Many will not do it at that age because of other interests but it can easily be done with a 24-25 hour work week.
Most part time minimum wage workers don't take home 200. $7.25 x 25 = 181. That isn't even take home pay. Factor in fuel costs, insurance, etc. and good luck making that work without assistance.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
The whole gist of this thread is hate for the c5z and of course, because 5.0 owners are insecure about a certain ten year old Cobra, Cobra hate is in any 5.0 vs. whatever thread. It's factual, review other threads.

Sweet cobra nut swinging post...? Hahaha, when Ford pumps out a 5.0 that is literally unbeatable to most cars with basic bolt ons as the 03/04 Cobra was back in it's day, you guys might get the respect 03/04s have/ had. Until then I'm sure that most of you sweet 5.0 owners will continue to believe your cars are the coolest thing since sliced bread.

BTW, when I was 23 I had a z06 and a house so your point is?

Cool story, bro!

2003-2004 Cobras are awesome cars and when they came out they dominated and I've owned 3 Cobras now, so I know. But technology has improved cars greatly. The 5.0 is simple a better platform to build and race then the 2003 and 2004 cobras. What makes the 5.0 car's bettter/faster is that they can rev higher. For example, my GT when it was bone-stock, pulled a fender on a 2004 cobra with a tune, cat-back, pulley,CAI and the cobra dynoed 445rwhp.

Last edited:

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
2003-2004 Cobras are awesome cars and when they came out they dominated and I've owned 3 Cobras now, so I know. But technology has improved cars greatly. The 5.0 is simple a better platform to build and race then the 2003 and 2004 cobras. What makes the 5.0 car's bettter/faster is that they can rev higher. For example, my car when it was bone-stock, pulled a fender on a 2004 cobra with a tune, cat-back, pulley,CAI and the cobra dynoed 445rwhp.

Really? Because mine with the same exact mods pulled my buddies base 5.0 about 3-4 cars.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but a pullied cobra would not get beat by a bone stock 5.0 unless the Cobra had a hurt motor. If you 5.0 owners believe that you must be dreaming.

Last edited:

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Really? Because mine with the same exact mods pulled my buddies base 5.0 about 3-4 cars.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but a pullied cobra would not get beat by a bone stock 5.0 unless the Cobra had a hurt motor. If you 5.0 owners believe that you must be dreaming.

Not trolling, been there and done that, from a 40-120 roll and it was only a fender. The cobra's stock PD blowers runs out of steam up top. Cobras are way more fun to drive, no doubt. Now a ported blower on the cobra and it's a different story. Maybe your buddies 5.0 had a hurt motor...there are a lot of variables.

Last edited:

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Not trolling, been there and done that, from a 40-120 roll. The cobra's stock PD blowers runs out of steam up top. Cobras are way more fun to drive, no doubt. Now a ported blower on the cobra and it's a different story. Maybe your buddies 5.0 had a hurt motor...

A blower on a Coyote and it's a different story too.:thumbsup:

I'll contribute to the 5.0 vs C5Z, although it's not a far comparison, I put one in it's place at the track a few months ago. He was talking crap in the staging lanes and wanted to line up, he didn't tell me what mods he had but judging by the his pass not much.

I ending up letting him take the hit, which he failed miserable at that. I should have let him walk out on me even more because by the end of it he was 3-4 bus lengths behind me.....I asked the lady handing out the slips what he ran and she said high 12s, he stayed away from me the rest of the night haha.

Making quick work of a C5 Z06 - YouTube

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
TexasStang4585, What's your setup? I'm looking at going with a paxton as well in the future. Are you e85 and what suspension mods?

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
TexasStang4585, What's your setup? I'm looking at going with a paxton as well in the future. Are you e85 and what suspension mods?

Paxton on 3.6 pulley (1 down from stock 3.8)
JPC return fuel system to run E85
Circle D 2C TC
Stock headers
OR-H
JLT CAI
Full rear suspension with Koni yellow shocks/struts/bmr springs

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Not trolling, been there and done that, from a 40-120 roll and it was only a fender. The cobra's stock PD blowers runs out of steam up top. Cobras are way more fun to drive, no doubt. Now a ported blower on the cobra and it's a different story. Maybe your buddies 5.0 had a hurt motor...there are a lot of variables.

I can assure you, a pullied cobra will pull on a stock 5.0. Seriously a 5.0 with a stock 412ish crank hp mustang pulled on a 445rwhp cobra? 445rwhp ends up being somewhere in the 500 at the crank numbers. There is now way dude.

And guys out there that keep mentioning putting a blower on a 5.0...you're forgetting the part where you have to invest lots of other money in engine internals so the engine can handle the boost. I'll put it to you this way. 5.0's can put on a AF blower....and the cobras can swap the eaton for an AF blower......let's just see who's engine blows up first.

clean92lx

Established Member
I can assure you, a pullied cobra will pull on a stock 5.0. Seriously a 5.0 with a stock 412ish crank hp mustang pulled on a 445rwhp cobra? 445rwhp ends up being somewhere in the 500 at the crank numbers. There is now way dude.

And guys out there that keep mentioning putting a blower on a 5.0...you're forgetting the part where you have to invest lots of other money in engine internals so the engine can handle the boost. I'll put it to you this way. 5.0's can put on a AF blower....and the cobras can swap the eaton for an AF blower......let's just see who's engine blows up first.

You really shouldn't post anymore until you figure out what the hell your talking about! Lol this ain't 2004 anymore dude, and what makes you think a 5.0 can't handle a supercharger without dumping money into a built motor? Most supercharged coyote on here are on stock blocks and hurting 03-04 cobra guys feelings so bad to the point you have to try and defend your old ass cars that nobody cares about anymore (unless of course you still stuck in one lol) and talk shit on the newer better mustang. Be a man and accept that your time is over and cobras are the past.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
You really shouldn't post anymore until you figure out what the hell your talking about! Lol this ain't 2004 anymore dude, and what makes you think a 5.0 can't handle a supercharger without dumping money into a built motor? Most supercharged coyote on here are on stock blocks and hurting 03-04 cobra guys feelings so bad to the point you have to try and defend your old ass cars that nobody cares about anymore (unless of course you still stuck in one lol) and talk shit on the newer better mustang. Be a man and accept that your time is over and cobras are the past.

It's obvious bro it's not 2004 anymore, but I find it so funny that everyone continues to bash the cobra's potential to a brand 5.0 because of some better seats, refined handling and bigger displacement. You find me proof pal that a bone stock 5.0 can pull on a pullied Cobra, and you can have this conversation and i'll walk home tail tucked under. But you know what, unless Michael Shumacher or Jimmy Johnson is the driver mod, I seriously dought it's going to happen.

I would never disrespect the potential of the coyote motor, but seriously it has nothing on a 5.8dohc, 5.4 dohc, or 4.6 dohc with forged internals. I just find this silly you have to waste your time to defend a brand new car with a 10 year old one playing it off like cobras are a car no one cares about anymore.

Dude please....

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member

You can believe it or not I don't care, but it did happen, maybe the guy told me his numbers wrong duno. But I can tell you the guy driving the cobra was pissed. Yes, stock cobra internals are stronger, who cares, build it. I've had a 1999 Cobra, and two 2003 cobra one made 653RWHP and the other made 493RWHP. Loved and know my cobras and I know they are showing there age. I'm not in denial.

Last edited:

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Hey no disrespect to your story at all old bones, but I'm sure terminators get beat by 5.0s and 5.0's beat gt500's and evo's beat terminators and 5.0's.

The whole quarrel was over platform v.s. platform, that was all. Never did I say the Terminator was a be all end all car.

Users who are viewing this thread