2012 5.0 won't start

sedanman

Established Member
My father-in-laws 2012 5.0 6spd occasionally won't start. It has 3500 miles and the following mods: JLT CAI and a VMP tune. It seems to always happen when it's hot it will crank but not start. When it's left to cool off it will start no problem and drive fine. When it did this the first time I had him flash a different tune and it still would not start. Any thoughts or ideas?

acrbill

Established Member
My 2011 Manual used to have a less drastic but similar issue. Every once and awhile after I drove the car for extended periods the car would crank for 5 seconds before starting, if I went to start it while it was still hot. It seemed like old school vapor lock.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
i found out that when i do not have the clutch all the pushed down to the floor, the car will crank for like a second, then not start. Then when i push the clutch all the way to the floor, it cranks/starts no problem. Maybe that is the issue? Has this been going on before the tune?

sedanman

Established Member
It did not happen before the tune, but it didn't start right after the tune either.

Users who are viewing this thread