2012 boss 302 mustang

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
With the numbers and times the base model gt is performing with, the boss is just unfair lol. God only knows how big of a motor mopar and gm are going to try to stuff in a 4000 lb sled now lol.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Am i missing something? Same #s basically as a normal GT.. And it has the styling of the GT/CS... soooo how much of a markup will this cost?

Other than that.. doesnt look all that amazing to me.. the black 1 pictured is gawdy

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Am i missing something? Same #s basically as a normal GT.. And it has the styling of the GT/CS... soooo how much of a markup will this cost?

Other than that.. doesnt look all that amazing to me.. the black 1 pictured is gawdy

28 more hp
redline raised from 6800 to 7500 rpms
new forged pistons and rods
cnc heads

and you think its the same as the stock mustang gt/cs????:bash:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

Yeah, you are missing a lot including the other 5 page thread on this topic.....

New Short Runner Intake Manifold
CNC ported heads,
Different cams
Suspension Feel Adj.
Steering Feedback Adj.
Optional Recaros

Laguna Model to have, rear seat delete, additional X brace, large functional front splitter, brake cooling ducts, Electric cut-outs to side exit exhaust

plenty more, but this is what I care about.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
forged internals true or not?

This is copied from another thread:

Some of the Boss-specific parts contributing to the Boss 302 V8’s output and durability include:
Revised composite intake system with shorter runners, inspired by Daytona Prototype racing engines, for high-rpm breathing
Forged aluminum pistons and upgraded sinter-forged connecting rods for improved strength, needed for the higher combustion pressures and engine speeds
New high-strength aluminum-alloy cylinder heads with fully CNC-machined ports and chambers for exceptional high-rpm airflow without sacrificing low-speed torque
Lightened valvetrain components to provide excellent dynamic performance up to speeds well above the engine redline
Sodium-filled exhaust valves for improved heat dissipation
Race-specification crankshaft main and rod bearings for higher load capability and improved high-speed durability
5W50 full-synthetic oil with engine oil cooler for improved oil pressure and longer-lasting lubrication during extreme racing conditions
Revised oil pan baffling for improved oil control under racing conditions and during cornering loads greater than 1.0 g

This car is going to be the Real Deal on the streets and track.

Last edited:

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member

Sorry I dont want to drag this on any further (well maybe I do) but the price as quoted "will be somewhere In between the gt an gt500". And its NOT just built for ther drag strip as others pointed out. Also, if the production version does have forged internals then this car will be in the tens with MINOR work obviously. Just another pony car passing the competition with small cubic inches under the hood.

Really good video and info......
2012 Mustang Boss 302 Aims To Steal Dream Cruise Limelight

Users who are viewing this thread