2012 Boss 302 or 2012 Roush Stage 3??

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Which would you rather have??

I am wondering about this because i do have the option of getting one of these beasts! But not sure which one. And they are both similarly priced.

I am just wondering which would be a better option? And if anyone has experience with the RS3? I have test drove the Boss 302 and i loved it. But the Roush I haven't tested yet. In terms of handling which would be better? I am assuming the Boss may be better in handling since it is built for track use but the Roush is fully loaded with all the Stage 3 upgrades with all the Roush suspension and super charger and a bunch more stuff.

I am still leaning towards the 12 Boss 302 because i love the looks of it and that its naturally aspirated which i kinda prefer for now.

So what do you guys think? Which would YOU rather take?

2012 Boss 302 or 2012 Roush Stage 3?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Boss. The roush is a waste of money, and if I'm not mistaken, is a fair amount more than the boss price wise.

kaz109

Established Member
Is this a serious question??? Boss without even thinking about it! Very few cars under 100k that I would take over a boss, I have a serious love affair with that car

KarbisSVT

Established Member
hahaaa!! okay all i needed to hear!! I love the Boss!! I'd take it over the Roush too, just had a tiny tiny doubt. Ill be getting that beautiful Boss then! :D

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Boss by a mile, to me Roush is 2nd to Saleen and I would still prefer a Ford branded Mustang over the three (when talking about GT500, Saleen, Roush Stage X).

Prefer a '13 Boss though, Jocson, how much are you selling your Boss??!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Just out of curiosity, what are typical power numbers of a Boss thats blown (paxton, kb, whipple, vortech, tvs) + tune only?

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm a little biased, but I recommend the Boss.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
After driving my buddy's boss for a couple of weeks I'll always find it hard to want a different car anywhere near that price range. Screw the rest. There is a reason they named it the BOSS!

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Car+Driver does a piece on the Roush Stage 3 [2013] and for the money and 575hp at the motor it wasn't a whole lot faster than a stock GT.
Boss, all the way

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Boss by a mile, to me Roush is 2nd to Saleen and I would still prefer a Ford branded Mustang over the three (when talking about GT500, Saleen, Roush Stage X).

Prefer a '13 Boss though, Jocson, how much are you selling your Boss??!

Some members and even my girlfriend talked me out of selling my boss. I've put so much time and effort into it that id be regretting it in the future if I sold it. Had someone offer me 42k with all my mods an it was quite temping. The only reason why I might sell is because of the winter

Boss. I chose it over a '12 GT500 because it was IMO more exciting on the streets. I was never the type of person who enjoyed heated seats, sound system with subs, nav and all that interior lighting jazz. The only electronics I need are in the LCD dash that tells you a/f ratio, head temp, gas mileage and even the track apps. And if you're on of those guys who will garage queen it, the boss will be worth more on the future.

AAG

Established Member
Depends on what my plans are. If its going to stay stock and don't plan to mod, Roush Stage 3 is the better car. If I plan to mod, the Boss 302 has more potential.

The bad part about Roush Mustangs are resale value. They aren't recognized by KBB/Nada so they are techincally Mustang GTs.

Users who are viewing this thread