2012 Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order

AMChrisRose

We dyno'd 58RWHP increase at 7400RPM on this manifold! If you're naturally aspirated, you will lose a little bit of low and mid-range power/torque. The whole curve is alot smoother, and you'll still pick up the 50-60RWHP above 7000. You start gaining power around 6000-6500. Supercharger, turbo and nitrous applications will probably gain all of the low-midrange back plus plenty more!

mustangtuning_2142_180486361.jpg

Ford Racing 2012 BOSS 302R Intake Manifold (11+ GT) - REDUCED PRICING!!! $499.99

GET YOUR NAME ON THE PRE-ORDER LIST!

So for anyone who hasn't heard the rumble on the streets, the 2012 Boss Intake Manifold is going to be in your neighborhood soon! We got word from our boys over at Ford Racing that they're putting the finishing touches on these manifolds, and will have them in your hands in April. This bad boy is going to wake up ANY 2011 GT looking for an fairly easy mod to add a ton of power.

Made from lightweight composite, you know this manifold isn't going to have ANY heat soak issues. Forced induction guys, I know you're excited right now! This is going to be a bad ass system for centrifugal supercharged, turbo or nitrous-injected 2011 Mustangs.

We're working with Ford right now to get a demo unit. We'll update this thread as soon as we get something. You can bet we'll be doing third-party dyno testing on this, and we'll keep it updated right here. We'll also be offering Bama Custom Tune updates for all you Free Tunes for Life members!

If you're planning on purchasing this manifold - what mods are you going to run with it? Intake? Long tubes? Cams? DISCUSS BELOW!

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT FEATURES

* Shipping Early April 2011
* Original equipment on the BOSS 302R Mustang
* Made from light-weight composite material
* Black Finish
* Short runners for optimum flow at high rpms
* Fits 2011 and newer GT Mustangs with Coyote 5.0L engine

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Exclusive AmericanMuscle Pre-Order! Be one of the very first to enjoy the amazing power and performance benefits of the BOSS 302R Intake Manifold for your 2011 Mustang GT. AmericanMuscle has teamed up with Ford Racing to offer an exclusive pre-order. Be the envy of other Mustang enthusiasts - reserve yours now. Shipping early April 2011.

Ideal Upgrade. Upgrade your 5.0L Coyote V8's restrictive stock intake manifold with this Ford Racing BOSS 302R Intake Manifold to channel more air directly into your engine and set the stage for other power mods.

Premium Quality. Made of a high tech, lightweight composite, this manifold will help your pony breathe better while improving underhood appearance with it's modern "Boss 302" logo.

Legendary Ford Racing Performance. When you're adding parts to your pony, trust the folks who know it best to untap hidden potential and unleash the monster under your hood. This intake manifold is featured as original equipment on the BOSS 302R Mustang.

Strong Enough for Forced Induction. Tested up to 2 bars of pressure, this intake manifold is perfect for your upgraded heads, supercharger, and or cam’ed 4 valve motor. With this type of pressure rating, it can handle the increased air flow and deliver consistent power time and time again.

Application. The Ford Racing BOSS 302R Intake Manifold is designed to fit the 2011 and newer GT Mustangs equipped with the Coyote 5.0L 4-Valve Engine. Intake gaskets are included.

Technical Note. A new Computer Tune is required for installation.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
already pre-ordered it, and just ordered the 82mm TB. cant wait to get them on it.

Mikes5.0

Established Member
I really want one but think I'm going sit tight and wait to see some dyno results. Man that thing looks good. Do you have the price for boss strut bar that clears it?

AMChrisRose

We're going to do some strut tower brace test fitment when it arrives. From the looks of it, with the 2010 Track Package / 2011 V6 Premium Package / Boss strut tower braces it should be fine. There's a "channel" cut into the top design for a STB.

As for horsepower and torque gains, we're very excited to get one in here for testing. I am hoping to see 10-15RWHP on a stock or CAI-only car and as much as 30-40RWHP with a forced induction application.

Last edited:

CGoeschel

Established Member
What about the location of the throttle body. Does it end up in the exact same location as the stock one? Im currently running a procharger and im wondering if I would need to modify or change the pipe that connects to the throttle body.

AMChrisRose

What about the location of the throttle body. Does it end up in the exact same location as the stock one? Im currently running a procharger and im wondering if I would need to modify or change the pipe that connects to the throttle body.

We're confirming that very shortly. From everything that I've been told through our contacts, this will fit with a stock intake setup. That should mean that an aftermarket CAI (or in your case inlet tube) should be able to fit without issues. It might make it slightly more a pain in the ass? Maybe because of the angle? We'll know shortly!

With a procharger, you're going to definitely get the full benefit out of the manifold. :rockon: Way to go hard!

AMChrisRose

Okay, so I spoke with Ford Racing about it, and it's a little too early to be 100% confirmed, but here's what we think.

The factory GT strut tower brace will not fit, but a V6 strut tower brace or a Boss strut tower brace will. They're much different if you take a look at them (I've got pictures below).

Also, there isn't a different part number for the cold air intake. This means that the factory airbox for the GT and for the Boss should be the same. This still isn't 100% confirmed, but if you look at the pictures, it looks as though they simply rotate the inlet tube up to mate with the new TB location. I can't swear to it, some aftermarket intakes may bolt right up, some might not... we'll test the second ours gets here.

Stock 2011 GT Configuration Pic

Boss 302 Configuration Pic

CGoeschel

Established Member
Are you guys sure it's going to say "Boss 302" on it? I thought they were going to only release it to non-Boss owners without the Boss nameplate?

AMChrisRose

Are you guys sure it's going to say "Boss 302" on it? I thought they were going to only release it to non-Boss owners without the Boss nameplate?

All of the pictures in Ford racing literature and the ones at SEMA/PRI have had the logo on it. They should all be coming with the Boss 302 logo as shown.

CGoeschel

Established Member
I think they may have just been showing that so people can identify with it. I've seen the intake without the Boss nameplate on it.

AMChrisRose

We'll see. Personally, I don't care which it says. After looking at it more and more, I would like the covers for the runners, though. They're not bad looking. We'll make sure we stock them when they're available.

1sweetazzGT500

Established Member
Does this intake not lose some low end torque, but gain some Hp at high rpm's? As others have stated will wait for the Dyno numbers.

Last edited:

warlockgs

Established Member
I think they may have just been showing that so people can identify with it. I've seen the intake without the Boss nameplate on it.

I would love if the one for non-Boss cars had the Ford Racing logo on it. That top looks like there is a removable panel on it....or is that some sort of optical illusion in the photo?

CGoeschel

Established Member
You are correct on the top piece. It is removeable. I do believe you will see it with the Ford Racing logo instead of the Boss logo when it is finally released to the vendors. I doubt it will have the area on the top near the back of it for the VIN plate either.

warlockgs

Established Member
You are correct on the top piece. It is removeable. I do believe you will see it with the Ford Racing logo instead of the Boss logo when it is finally released to the vendors. I doubt it will have the area on the top near the back of it for the VIN plate either.

Awesome. Seems like I'll have to see about a custom nameplate that goes there :)

AMChrisRose

Does this intake not lose some low end torque, but gain some Hp at high rpm's? As others have stated will wait for the Dyno numbers.

I think that the gains will only be from maybe 4000 RPM and up if you're naturally aspirated without cams, long tubes, etc. If you're boosted, you'll notice gains maybe a little lower in the curve.

As for losses down low, we're going to have to see. The FRPP manifold for the 3V lost way more down low than this will, but it still remains to be seen by how much. I think this intake will make +/- 5RWHP from stock in the low RPM range. Probably on the minus side. The 3V intake was much worse, as much as 10RWHP lost down low. However, for someone who drives in the upper RPMs more, or for someone adding cams, long tubes or nitrous or any forced induction, this intake is going to be a huge addition all the way around!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread