2012 Front Suspension Noise

orangesvtbb

Established Member
So I was searching on here and people talked about their 2008's making noises when going over a bump like creaking and maybe a little clunking? I have had bad luck with dealers and wanted to ask you guys if there was a TSB or a known issue with the newer models. It is driving me nuts in my 2012....might try and get the 2nd gear grind issue fixed also if i bring it into the dealer :fm:

Thanks

rand

Established Member
I went to my local Ford dealership and he let me look at all the TSBs and there is one for the exact problem. I have an '11 and it was produced before a certain date so it was eligible for it. Has some to do with the front lower control arms if I remember correctly. I haven't scheduled to have the work done yet. Will let you know how it goes when I do.

NuclearPower

Established Member
Your 2012 wont quaify for it based on the TSB date. Have you done any mods or stock? SVTPP?

My 2012 SVTPP did not have any noises until I lowered it and redid the entire rear...:D

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
My 10' makes a little noise up front too, but I lowered it, have C.C. plates and D-specs. I can't remember if it was there before the mods, but I'm sure they won't touch it now even if it was. It is annoying but not nearly as much as the rear end whine I have.

What's the TSB call for? Is it a completely redesigned control arm or just a bushing? I'd like to do it myself if it's not priced higher than a set of BMR's.

orangesvtbb

Established Member
No mods at all. Thanks rand and thanks everyone for the replies. Really kind of pissed. It has 6,000 miles on it all stock :/

shortshift34

Established Member
I have the exact same problem on my 12. shifter is harsh and squealing noise from right side I took it to 4 f...kn different dealerships and they couldn't find anything. Even I got the technician with me and showed him the noise he heard it but still couldn't find. I decided not to go to any damn dealerships again and planning to take it to the performance shop. I am sure the exact day warranty is over and I take it to service for same problem they will probably find it and fix it lol. I even send email to the ford and complained about a dealership and didn't really reply back. Ford warranty sucks even if its a shelby and that makes me sick

Users who are viewing this thread