2012 GT vs 2013 GT

e010740

Established Member
I was driving on the main route between Phoenix, and LA today on my way so see family for the weekend. Stopped at the first rest stop on the CA side. I pull up, and there is a stock looking (wheels etc) 2013 GT parked on the end away from all other cars. I park a couple of places away. When I get back to my car, I still don't see anyone that might be the owner. As i pull out of the parking spot I see a guy walking up that silver GT. I get on the Freeway, and he gets on right behind me. Trails me for a few miles a couple hundred feet behind me. Traffic is very light, we are in the middle of the desert on a week day. He eventually pulls up to me in the left lane. We acknowlege each other then I hit it in drive at about 70. I have a 2012 A6 premium, so my car jumps out, I notice he has to down shift, (M6) so my momentum had him up to about 120-130 by about a half car. I then shut down. He had exhaust for sure not sure what else. I am bone stock. I let him go ahead for about 20 miles, then roll up to his left again. This time I let him down shift before hitting it. We both hit at 70 again, then he gets the jump by about a car up to 120-130. We slow down roll down the widows. He asks me if I have a tune, and I say "no bone stock". We give each other a thumbs up, and proceed on our way to LA. That was just good clean fun for a few mins on a 5 hour drive. Guy was cool too!

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Hmmm that is one thing I have not happen yet......run into a random terminator on the street. Always looking for 5.0, Vettes, Camaro's to play with but never think about running into another Cobra that would play.

Users who are viewing this thread