2012 GTR, thoughts?

xenodragon

Established Member
Well I am comtemplating ditching the Cobra and the Bimmer to get a 2012 GTR. I am kind of done with the whole modding scene and would just like something very fast that I dont really have to do much to, but could mod if the urge ever came back. I am looking for a car that is semi rare (i.e. not seen on the street often). I can honestly say in the past 5 years I have only seen 1 GTR and it was at a car show.

The new 2012 comes with 530ish hp AWD and launch control. They say with a 1foot roll out it does 0-60 in 2.9 and the 1/4 in 11.1

I really want something I can drive stop light to stop light and around the track once or twice a year.

Here is a great video of it vs the gt500 and the z06

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNT2UijpCMs"]‪Drag Race! 2012 Nissan GT-R vs 2011 Chevy Corvette Z06 vs 2011 Shelby GT500‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Thoughts? Oh I have an SUV to DD that would replace the BMW.

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
or instead of spending $90k on a car you buy a 2012 GT500 for $55k put $1k in suspension and add some nice tires and spank the gtr?

xenodragon

Established Member
or instead of spending $90k on a car you buy a 2012 GT500 for $55k put $1k in suspension and add some nice tires and spank the gtr?

1. I dont want to mod it
2. I like that fact that its an AWD car
3. I see gt500's everywhere
4. The gt500 would still lose in a straight line and around the track.

I am open to all options under $100k.

But please keep the price factor out of it...I am really not concerned about price atm unless its over 100k.

Last edited:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
if you can afford the car and handle the maintenance costs ($$$) then go for it. they've only gotten better with each model year.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Good friend of mine worked at a Nissan dealer that sold them, said they are amazing cars but stupid expensive to fix anything on them

crew_dawg16

Established Member
I'd get the ZO6 over the GT-R, but they are both leaps and bounds better than the GT500, which shows on the sticker. Really the only thing the GT-R has a distinct advantage on is the AWD and that you will be the envy of every one of your new ricer friends.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Personally I'd go with a C6 Z06.. But a GTR would be just as bad ass.. Wish I could afford either of those cars.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
as opposed to what? union made junk?

OP the GTR is an amazing car, you could also consider a Porsche:rockon:

I saw a newer 911 turbo take off from a stop light in front of me yesterday...My jaw was in my lap. That thing MOVED out.

xenodragon

Established Member
What about a viper?

Love the Viper as well. If Dodge comes back with it like there have been rumors of, I might go down that path instead. I still need to sell my old house so I wont be doing anything until I can get rid of it. Having 2 mortgages sucks :-(

Users who are viewing this thread