2012 Mustang Nitrous vs Honda Civic 600 hp

PhatSVT

Established Member
So I was getting ready to go out and mow the yard when the neighbors pull up in this Honda Civic. He starts telling me how they purchased it in Texas and trailered it back. I look over the car and it sure look like it had a lot of nice parts. I figured I'd walk up and see an eBay turbo kit. He said a guy that owned a performance shop down in Texas built it. So I get the GoPro out and put a fresh nitrous bottle in my car and tell him lets go do a couple of runs. I faced the GoPro forward thinking I didn't have a chance. Here is a video of the runs. I need to find a better way of mounting my GoPro so bear with me and also my editing skill. :(

[youtube_browser]H6T3fxrbNsQ[/youtube_browser]

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thats a slow 600hp civic.

Good kill

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
Agree with the above folks, and oddly enough 140 or 600 horsepower, Civics always sound like annoying shit. Either way great runs, ill give the Civic some credit, it didnt get its doors blown off ;-)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Good kill, don't see the 600hp though.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Yeah I think that is 600 wanna be HP but not actual at all.

Nice runs thou it would have been cool to see how far back you were leaving the civic although I could here that motor working out - LMAO

Last edited:

PhatSVT

Established Member
I agree with you as well. I don't believe the 600 hp he claims, but when I saw that he had a lot of really good parts on the car I kind of was believing him. So this is why I was aiming the GoPro forward. My car only makes 421 RWHP on motor. With the 75 shot I just assume its close 490-500 RWHP which should still not be enough for a 600 hp Civic. LOL.

PhatSVT

Established Member
Was he a good sport about the loss or did he have excuses? Nice kill.

He was a nice kid, but did say that if he had the GSR transmission he would be better off. He was giving me a lot of props, just saying how my car is really quick. He also showed me a video of him walking a 2013 Mustang 5.0 the day before.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I agree with you as well. I don't believe the 600 hp he claims, but when I saw that he had a lot of really good parts on the car I kind of was believing him. So this is why I was aiming the GoPro forward. My car only makes 421 RWHP on motor. With the 75 shot I just assume its close 490-500 RWHP which should still not be enough for a 600 hp Civic. LOL.

Ahh you assumed he would be in front of you? Surprised you whopped that ASS!

Still cool that you could run him and he took the defeat well:beer:

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm curious to see how much power that car actually puts down. Def not even close to 600, as everyone said.

With OP's car making ~420 NA and ~500 on spray, that Civic was probably only making 350-375whp. A properly set up 600whp Civic (suspension, boost by gear and a sticky tire) would usually take on a 130mph car.

My old GSR Civic on 4.5psi would walk bolt-on Cobras all day ('94-01)! I'm sure someone's bolt-on NA Cobra would be an exception, but not around here.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
is bouncing off the limiter required in a Honda?

whatever he has, it wasn't enough. good kill OP

Kiohtee

Established Member
is bouncing off the limiter required in a Honda?

whatever he has, it wasn't enough. good kill OP

He was more than likely spinning. Had I shifted in first or second every time my Civic hit the rev limiter, I probably would have never won a race. Lol

PhatSVT

Established Member
With OP's car making ~420 NA and ~500 on spray, that Civic was probably only making 350-375whp. A properly set up 600whp Civic (suspension, boost by gear and a sticky tire) would usually take on a 130mph car.

My old GSR Civic on 4.5psi would walk bolt-on Cobras all day ('94-01)! I'm sure someone's bolt-on NA Cobra would be an exception, but not around here.

He did have boost by gear. 9psi in first, 16psi second, 26psi in the rest of the gears. He also was running brand new Mickey Thompson drag radials.

I think if he could shift better he would be faster. I noticed he would reel me in through his upper RPMs but as soon as he would shift he would fall WAY back.

Users who are viewing this thread