2012 Official Boss Pricing

fangstang

Established Member
i see what your saying but lets be honest, most are gonna wanna drag this car.. i think a base GT with high rise intake manifold, gear, cai, midpipe, tune, and tire can run low 11's

and the ford boss suspension vs griggs is a coin toss, i personally still would rather have the griggs stuff

Its too bad most people will be drag racing this car instead of track racing. I'm glad Ford is making an effort to make the Mustangs capable on the track as opposed to just drag racing. Its about time.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I sure it will drag race fine also. A guy at work said no xxx way it's going to beat a cts-v in the 1/4. I beg to differ. cts-v weighs 4.2k. I would hope the boss is at 3400. I got a 03 I know about power vs weight. And track wise the 11 gt is doing as good as a modded 03 on the road track. The boss better run away from it. Gm ppl need to be taught a lesson just like bolt on 03 cobra guys. Hp isn't everything.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
I was talking about more on the lines of Griggs turn key cars, those prices are sobering. :D

Griggs complete suspension kit + GT VS Boss 302 Laguna Seca is a toss up and I would really like to see that battle, hell I would love to be part of it. :D

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
i see what your saying but lets be honest, most are gonna wanna drag this car..

lets be honest, no they wont. Who will pay $10k more for a car "with only 40 more hp?"

the only people who will see the value in the Boss are the ones who understand what the car is built for, and will value the adjustable shocks/struts, HD sways, torsen diff.... the average drag racer who buys a Mustang wont see a $10k value in all of that, all they are going to see is a $10k higher premium for 40 more hp and some cool seats.

I think you are completely wrong. I think those who care about drag racing will stick with the entry level 5.0 GT, and the road racers/auto-x/corner carvers will opt for the Boss.

kingnut

Established Member
i want to drive one. i bet i would be sold on it. although i would never pay $40k for a car.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
what the hell people??? this thing will be a few tenths shy of a well driven GT500 in the quarter, and absolutely destroy it on a road course! this isn't exactly a 'lesser' car, it's more like a road course equivalent.
as far as the price, that's about what i thought it would be, though i figured the laguna would be in the low $50s, and the base right at $39k.

consider for a second that the '00 cobra R had an MSRP of $55k, and the laguna seca, which will absolutely destroy it in every single way, will come in at $48k. this car is a STEAL!

they will be optional on the GT500 next year, and i bet you'll see them as a direct bolt in in an FRPP catalog as well.

Actually, they said it was only faster on the Shelby on small tracks, and the wording was not that aggressive. That's most likely not even a PP car either.
Also, it's only likely to be a "few tenths" because of traction issues. It's like a 100lbs lighter than the 500 with 100 less hp. The Boss will likely only be a few mph ahead of the GT.

I understand the excitement, but lets not forget which car is the halo car ;)

Users who are viewing this thread