2012 premium 5.0 vs 04 pullied

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Let explain where incoming from and how it appears to an outsider.

When see a boosted 4 cylinder race a. Stock v8 and win and then rub in the v8 owners face, my first thought is, but the v8 can be modified and can run boost too. Racing a modified car against a stock car and bragging about a win is lame.

So the original poster is rambling on about how much the terminator still dominates the new 5.0, and my reaction is, but the 5.0 is over 400 n/a horsepower, the 5.0 can be supercharged too.

So does the terminator still dominate the 5.0? My first reaction would be, I don't know let's supercharge that 5.0 and find out. My bet is that a supercharged and tuned 5.0 would make a terminator look stupid slow.
face_palm_zpsd887971c.jpg

wnt2gofst

Banned
And there were Terminators that had less power that would shit on your time and trap speed with the stock 6 speed, IRS and unmodified engine. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/time-slip-bar-42/472067-fastest-6-speed-irs-no-nos-cobra.html
But it really doesn't matter now. Times change, people move on. Ford is already making a new Mustang and its being said that it will come with the Econoboost engine. It will also be lighter and handle better than both of our cars. It will not only get better MPG than both of our cars but I'm positive they will respond well to mods and they will be the new crowd.

People getting worked over these threads are stupid.....

Not sure looks like they are same and more power when I went 10.60..620whp. But we can do this all day long.

I seen they talking ecoboost for the mustang. Guess this makes the last mustang I buy. Least new. I will move over to a used vette or used GTR if they don't have a v8 that isn't 60k+ like the GT500.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Not sure looks like they are same and more power when I went 10.60..620whp. But we can do this all day long.

I seen they talking ecoboost for the mustang. Guess this makes the last mustang I buy. Least new. I will move over to a used vette or used GTR if they don't have a v8 that isn't 60k+ like the GT500.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

My vert wants to be taught a lesson by a coyote and how good that 10sec slip must feel :rockon:

61mmstang94

Established Member
Me winning or getting the walk in the park by a fast coyote is what I'm looking forward to :thumbsup: a 2.9 whipple coyote on shell urt 116 came short against me :(

Yo what can I say? Youz one bad dude wit yo cobra! Ain't no one can stop yo 4.6 supercharged fury!

You a coyote killa. Represent! :rockon:

Last edited:

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Yo what can I say? Youz one bad dude wit yo cobra! Ain't no one can stop yo 4.6 supercharged fury!

You a coyote killa. Represent! :rockon:

I'm no coyote killa ... Like I said , I'm looking forward to get walked by one and what set up they needed to have . Tell you what , I know a TT , built motor auto such as the power by hour 5.0 coyote will put a whole dealership on my car and I wouldn't mind . I can take a loss once in a while :thumbsup: and wattupp wit dat orible gramal u r tryin to Du ? Nut filing ur style :( stop hurting brains around here with non sense :beer:

Last edited:

Pythias

Established Member
Ive had both a 2012 and now a 2003 (was T-boned in the 2012) and in my opinion they are both great vehicles with advantages and disadvantages.... Long tubes for the 2012 cost way more than I got my ceramic long tubes for my 2003... INCLUDING installation.

03/04's are so mod friendly because of the supercharger.... but with my 2012 with cai x pipe mufflers and Tuner it had some decent power, revved and shifted at 7k (which was AWESOME) and STILL got 24-25mpg on my 120 mile commute cruising at 65mph.

All depends on what you want/can afford. I would never bash either car. Of course I've owned ls1's turbo 4cyc and everything inbetween as well.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
The 5.0 is a better engine and car all together than the terminator. If all you care about is being factory superchrged go with a cobra. If you want a nicer car that can be fast with a supercharger added then the 5.0 is for you.

Right now I can go buy a brand new 5.0 for $28k and add $6k in s/c and tuning and have a brand new car that's nice and runs tens for just under $35k...not bad. Or I can go buy a ten year old cobra and go fast. Nothing wrong with either.

Depends on what you want, but when it comes down to it I personally think the 5.0s a better car.

Key statement there...now convince the 5.0 Bros about this and maybe.....maybe they will stopping posting that the 5.0 is a better car period, end of discussion.

If I wanted a nicer, less worn interior, N/A car then I woul spend 30K on a 5.0

BUT, since I don't care about newer. nicer looking plastic and prefer F/I, my Cobra is what I drive.

Again this is not a disparging remark against the 5.0..it is a preference thing...

BlueSnake01

Established Member
LOL, contradict yourself much? :lol1:
I agree :beer: :lol1:

Now for me, if this engine was on the NE Cobras, it absolutely been a bad ass car that original Cobras have been wanting. An N/A Cobra that was better than the LS1, the real compettion to Ford. The new 5.0's look good but I still hate the retro style look and the interior while it FEELS better, its not entirely nicer looking either IMO. I hate the look to it, those stupid hummer like A/C vents, the shape of it, it just didn't belong to it.

The NE along with the Foxbody's for me are the best looking muscle like Mustangs, they just look mean and sexy!! The 60's Mustangs to me are classic's. The New retro's to me just don't do it. But that's just me, this is why we have options to get what WE LIKE, not what someone else thinks of it.

Last edited:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
My opinion is stock for stock the new 5.0 is a better car in all aspects. Now when it comes to modifying the terminator can't be beat. It's already blown has a forged bottom end, lower compression so turning up the boost is no problem. Its much cheaper and easier to have a 500 plus rwhp terminator then a 5.0 coyote. Cai, pulley, exhaust and tune your done 500 plus to the wheels. The coyote is going to cost an arm and a leg to have 500 plus to the wheels. 5-7k for forced induction or the same amount for a n.a build H.C.I and then your pushing the limits of that high compression non forged bottom end. Stock for stock tho its no contest the 5.0 handles way better, brakes and suspension are way better, chassis is leaps and bounds ahead with its longer wheel base engine set farther back, balanced, weight distribution. more comfort better gas mileage just as fast in a straight line all aluminum engine. I can go on and on its simply put a better more advanced vehicle stock for stock.

michael.heying

Established Member
The only point I'm trying to make is that the OP is an ass hat for claiming the 4.6's dominance over the 5.0 when the race was against a stock 5.0...and you here are agreeing that the 5.0 is a better platform. I'm not sure what our disagreement is *shrug*

Case in point, the 5.0 can be modified too and will easily destroy a terminator if the 5.0 were running the exact same mods. I will admit the mods don't need to be equal for the race to be fair. I'm just trying to point out that the terminator is no longer a dominating platform.

Hey dick head, not once have I claimed that the cobra is dominant, as it is not. Te coyote has WAY more potential . Read before you post.

People are incredibly stupid....

Call me an asshat and I will call you a dickhead

wnt2gofst

Banned
My vert wants to be taught a lesson by a coyote and how good that 10sec slip must feel :rockon:
I am sure there is Coyote's and Termi's that can teach us both a lesson or two. The 10 Sec slip is nice but I want more out of current setup. With the new power from 620-713 it just blew the DR's off at the local track that has lack of prep. Once I get moved to FT. Benning GA I plan to put some 3.90 or 4.10s and full slicks on the car. Shoot for a 9. Or it will bow up...:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread