2012 premium 5.0 vs 04 pullied

61mmstang94

Established Member
The 5.0 is a better engine and car all together than the terminator. If all you care about is being factory superchrged go with a cobra. If you want a nicer car that can be fast with a supercharger added then the 5.0 is for you.

Right now I can go buy a brand new 5.0 for $28k and add $6k in s/c and tuning and have a brand new car that's nice and runs tens for just under $35k...not bad. Or I can go buy a ten year old cobra and go fast. Nothing wrong with either.

Depends on what you want, but when it comes down to it I personally think the 5.0s a better car.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The 5.0 is a better engine and car all together than the terminator. If all you care about is being factory superchrged go with a cobra. If you want a nicer car that can be fast with a supercharger added then the 5.0 is for you.

Right now I can go buy a brand new 5.0 for $28k and add $6k in s/c and tuning and have a brand new car that's nice and runs tens for just under $35k...not bad. Or I can go buy a ten year old cobra and go fast. Nothing wrong with either.

Depends on what you want, but when it comes down to it I personally think the 5.0s a better car.
I agree 100% but when you go crying and putting what if's scenerios it just makes you look like a ricer.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Who gives a damn. All these comparison arguements going on lately have just gotten old. Buy what you like, mod it as you like and enjoy it. They're all Mustangs, just enjoy it.

First world problems. :lol1:

61mmstang94

Established Member
I doubt it. I think a Cobra with an after market supercharger will run away from a 5.0 with an aftermarket supercharger. You said to make it even. Lets put a Kenne Bell on both cars. :lol:

I feel like a retart even commenting on yet another post about "but you have a factory supercharger. Not fair!" It's a silly thing to whine about. No pun intended.

Doubt it. From what I've seen the 5.0s are running kickass times with stock engines and s/c added.

I think one might've even run 8s with such a setup at full weight. The IRS and 6-speed kill the cobras chance without a lot more mods.

Don't forget how much more efficient the 5.0 is than the ole 4.6, bud. The 5.0s a pretty awesome engine if you can take ya blinders off. :beer:

50 Proof

Established Member
I agree 100% but when you go crying and putting what if's scenerios it just makes you look like a ricer.

The only point I'm trying to make is that the OP is an ass hat for claiming the 4.6's dominance over the 5.0 when the race was against a stock 5.0...and you here are agreeing that the 5.0 is a better platform. I'm not sure what our disagreement is *shrug*

Case in point, the 5.0 can be modified too and will easily destroy a terminator if the 5.0 were running the exact same mods. I will admit the mods don't need to be equal for the race to be fair. I'm just trying to point out that the terminator is no longer a dominating platform.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The only point I'm trying to make is that the OP is an ass hat for claiming the 4.6's dominance over the 5.0 when the race was against a stock 5.0...and you here are agreeing that the 5.0 is a better platform. I'm not sure what our disagreement is *shrug*

Case in point, the 5.0 can be modified too and will easily destroy a terminator if the 5.0 were running the exact same mods. I will admit the mods don't need to be equal for the race to be fair. I'm just trying to point out that the terminator is no longer a dominating platform.
The Terminator hasn't been the dominating platform for the past 7 years and the 5.0 isn't either, the Shelby is :poke:

He also never said it was the better car overall or superior one……. It was just the faster car from them two at that point hence being the dominant one….

These 5.0 vs Cobra arguments are old already, same thing with the ifs.

musclefan21

Established Member
This 50 proof guy is nothing different than your local autozone ricer. LOL

one.motor built with low compression to run boost. The other one high compression, bored out run na.

And terminator not domonating anymore? Well bud',

This may hurt your feelings, but take a look at the amount of money spent to get terminators to run deep 11s... 1500 bucks? How about 600-700hp without touching the motor and the car takes that power as a joke? how about look at track times, street races and then compare them all to the.mighty GT, (yes still a ****ing GT). You will then see the difference and see who still owns your GT.. terminators, after almost 10 years, still rule the streets. People still shit their pants everytime they see one.

A bolts on terminator will easily beat a bolts on GT. period. cry me a river on the blower. Fair or unfair, you will see terminator taillights. end of story

Dont be mad now there killa ;)

Last edited:

wnt2gofst

Banned

one.motor built with low compression to run boost. The other one high compression, bored out run na.

This may hurt your feelings, but take a look at the amount of money spent to get terminators to run deep 11s... 1500 bucks? How about 600-700hp without touching the motor and the car takes that power as a joke? how about look at track times, street races and then compare them all to the.mighty GT, (yes still a ****ing GT). You will then see the difference and see who still owns your GT.. terminators, after almost 10 years, still rule the streets. People still shit their pants everytime they see one.

A bolts on terminator will easily beat a bolts on GT. period. cry me a river on the blower. Fair or unfair, you will see terminator taillights. end of story

I never worry when I see a Termi. Show me a stock Termi that has went 12.2 like the 5.0. Or one that went 12.1 with just tires like the 5.0. Haven't ever seen one. Take your own car for instance. 455whp and ran 11.4. There is bolt on 5.0's that shit on that. Even the trap speed you ran.

b_dike

Established Member
All my god can we just get over it already. If everything was all equal and fair than neither car would win. It'll be a perfect tie every time. So for one side to claim something is unfair... c'mon man!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
So does the terminator still dominate the 5.0? My first reaction would be, I don't know let's supercharge that 5.0 and find out. My bet is that a supercharged and tuned 5.0 would make a terminator look stupid slow.

like I already posted, Australia has supercharged/tuned coyote 5.0's from the factory, they don't make that much more power (449 bhp/420 ft lbs torque) than the nat aspirated 5.0's.. not sure why this is...

Jroc

Established Member
like I already posted, Australia has supercharged/tuned coyote 5.0's from the factory, they don't make that much more power (449 bhp/420 ft lbs torque) than the nat aspirated 5.0's.. not sure why this is...

Maybe there's a HP limit? Kind of like Japans fast car use to almost always(other than a few examples like Supra's and NSX's) be rated at 276 even if they really made more power. Didn't they take the motor to Australia to be eligable to use it for their racing leagues? The Coyotes seem to love boost like Modulars and it looks like they are using a TVS 1900 like the LSA uses so I'm sure more power can be modded, and tuned into the motor very easily. I wonder if they're still using the 11.1 compression ratio?

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

I happily hunt terminators. I still turn my head to look everytime I hear one or see one. Still one of my favorite mustangs. I know I wont have any problems showing a terminator taillights. Im more interested in beating a ZL1 down. :dancenana:

wnt2gofst

Banned
I happily hunt terminators. I still turn my head to look everytime I hear one or see one. Still one of my favorite mustangs. I know I wont have any problems showing a terminator taillights. Im more interested in beating a ZL1 down. :dancenana:
I like beating Vettes down. The 2 now ZL1's here want nothing to do with me. LOL.. Bunch of Termi's here. The highest who is 775whp but he nver races it on the street or track. Its just a i have this power thing. Behind him is a 700whp one. He races it but he is in Hondras right now. The rest are a waste of time.

Last edited:

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
I raced a whipple 2.9 5.0 coyote with my "unfair" factory boosted car :banana: , and beat the coyote badly .... So not sure why all this " oh well put a blower on a 5.0 and watch " termis" going in reverse :shrug: when the hell somebody gona come up with a 5.0 vs 03-04s shootout and let cars do the rest of talk ? I'm in :rockon:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member

Rule the streets?!?!?! HahahahahahahHAHHHhhahahaahhaha

Oh yeah we all shit our pants when we see the termi :rollseyes

:lol:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I never worry when I see a Termi. Show me a stock Termi that has went 12.2 like the 5.0. Or one that went 12.1 with just tires like the 5.0. Haven't ever seen one. Take your own car for instance. 455whp and ran 11.4. There is bolt on 5.0's that shit on that. Even the trap speed you ran.
And there were Terminators that had less power that would shit on your time and trap speed with the stock 6 speed, IRS and unmodified engine. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/time-slip-bar-42/472067-fastest-6-speed-irs-no-nos-cobra.html
But it really doesn't matter now. Times change, people move on. Ford is already making a new Mustang and its being said that it will come with the Econoboost engine. It will also be lighter and handle better than both of our cars. It will not only get better MPG than both of our cars but I'm positive they will respond well to mods and they will be the new crowd.

People getting worked over these threads are stupid.....

Mystic03

Established Member
i raced a whipple 2.9 5.0 coyote with my "unfair" factory boosted car :banana: , and beat the coyote badly .... So not sure why all this " oh well put a blower on a 5.0 and watch " termis" going in reverse :shrug: When the hell somebody gona come up with a 5.0 vs 03-04s shootout and let cars do the rest of talk ? I'm in :rockon:

+1

TylerM35

Established Member
Terminator vs gt500 showdown in bowling green ky every year, with the termi winning it every time from what i can remember.

im sure if the gt500 cant win it then i doubt the 5.0 is going too.... sounds like it needs to start happening though. lol i always thought it was mustang vs camaro, now its cobra vs gt... cant we all just team up and rape all the almighty ls cars?

Users who are viewing this thread