2012 to 2013/14 Tail Lamps Conversion Kit

Captain_Kris73

Established Member
Need help,

Really love the style of 2013/14 tail lamps, not very thrilled about spending 1.6K on the kit. Any help is appreciated on used/different kits or any other leads.

Thanks members!

Last edited:

RBB

Established Member
Those tail lights are incredibly expensive brand new from Ford. Just do what everyone else has done and buy a used set. Since they're shared between all trim levels on the 13/14s they're not too hard to find. I picked up a set on Ebay that were in good shape for around $700. Make sure they include the pigtails, add the Raxiom trim piece to eliminate the gap and you're all set.

Raxiom Mustang Tail Light Conversion Trim 301043 (10-12 All) - Free Shipping

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Need help,

Really love the style of 2013/14 tail lamps, not very thrilled about spending 1.6K on the kit. Any help is appreciated on used/different kits or any other leads.

Thanks members!
Just got to keep your eyes on ebay and our classified section. Guys reverting to stock to sell their cars will have them up. Also, post a want to buy (WTB) ad and see if someone has a set waiting to list.

MelloStang2010

Established Member
Lots of them pop up for sale on the facebook forums like ACMR and S197 forum. I bought mine off there from a guy that wrecked his 2014, got them for 650 shipped. Might be able to find that trim piece too used. Its one of the cheapest pieces of trash I've ever bought and is not even remotely worth what they sell for new but better than looking at that gap.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Ill trade my 2014 GT500 tail lights for an older set plus cash. Not sure if older ones would work tho lol . pm me if you want .
@Captain_Kris73

You'll want to make sure that you get the harness that goess through the body for each tail light. Same applies when removing the 13-14; the factory sub-harness has to go with the lights.

RBB

Established Member
Ill trade my 2014 GT500 tail lights for an older set plus cash. Not sure if older ones would work tho lol . pm me if you want .

@Captain_Kris73

You'll want to make sure that you get the harness that goess through the body for each tail light. Same applies when removing the 13-14; the factory sub-harness has to go with the lights.
I wouldn't think the 11/12 headlights would fit in a 14 would they? They'd probably be too large for the opening in the bumper. You need that add on trim piece from Raxiom to fill the gap on an 11/12, so it doesn't seem like the swap would be possible.

@gtformula , if the swap is possible, I've got a mint set of tinted 11/12 tails sitting on the shelf if you're interested. I'll never use them again.

gtformula

Established Member
I wouldn't think the 11/12 headlights would fit in a 14 would they? They'd probably be too large for the opening in the bumper. You need that add on trim piece from Raxiom to fill the gap on an 11/12, so it doesn't seem like the swap would be possible.

@gtformula , if the swap is possible, I've got a mint set of tinted 11/12 tails sitting on the shelf if you're interested. I'll never use them again.

Sure but i would need the wiring too. Pm me if you have that too .

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Correct about 11-12 lights going into a 13-14. They will NOT fit due to bumper variance. 13-14 tails going into a 10-12 fits and just need the trim piece from raxiom to fill the gap.

gtformula

Established Member
Ive seen it done a long time ago .You use a heat gun to soften the bumper and insert the lights to get the room to fit . I don't think the gap would look right tho around the lights. Too tight in the bend. But it is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread