2012 Vortech 5.0 vs 2.9 Whipple Terminator

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
Good race both cars roll out! As for the zl1 video I'm just shocked a zl1 finally outran something.. I bet the dude was a preacher or something...

musclefan21

Established Member
Great run!

Since that cobra is built for drag strip, I think it did very well. At track it wouldn't be w comparison. The same cobra with only t56 would have a different outcome, I say win by 1-2 car.

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
Im always glad to irritate wrinkly penes such as yourself.

gif-2-thumbs-up.gif

Are you a beaner?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you a beaner?

Haha... No.

But I see besides being a wrinkly penis you are also a racist bigot?

Either way, "it doesnt matter what your name is!"..

Go play somewhere else or quit hijacking the thread's topic.

stangfreak

Established Member
Fast cars. Cobra did well for a automatic and a roll race. You said you made 700 with the six speed. How much is the cobra making now with the auto?

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Fast cars. Cobra did well for a automatic and a roll race. You said you made 700 with the six speed. How much is the cobra making now with the auto?

Not sure on auto never dyno'd it. I'd say probably around 640-650ish since 50-60hp loss thru the auto. I will dyno it in the future though when I up the boost.

Also this isn't a typical "centri" 5.0, this car has instant torque and MAX boost right off the hit, it has the "dem tangs" mod from a local shop. I was surprised on how it took off, because my car makes a good amount of torque, and the 5.0 stayed right there with me.

No I'm limiting peak airflow going into the blower. When my car hits 7500 rpms the t trim is spinning at its max 55000 but only making 10-12 psi. Makes instant boost. Iats are marginally higher. The guy( chad Barton at cbi streetcars) that built the zl1 invented this piece, its called "dem tangs". My car shouldve had the traction advantage but I didn't take the time to adjust my qa1s before we raced. Anyone that had a set knows that when they're set wrong the car is just wrong. It wouldve been a different race altogether. Which car is a better street car? The one that drove 75 miles and raced 6 times bit only lost because of traction but finally pulled ahead once it got it or the auto car that can only win from a slow roll or dig if you race it before it gets hot

brainpa

Established Member
Nice close race.

In regards to all the controversy over the ZL-1 win......get over it.

IN that race,the ZL-1 CLEARLY was the faster car.

A "W" is a "W".

Nuff said.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Hey Zytroll

8 second Centri WITH nitrous, fully built 900hp Z06 vs. 495hp N/A Mustang.

[youtube_browser]KCTVy1_xCZg[/youtube_browser]

Not enough traction? That's a funny excuse!!! Funny every single Corvette owner on here was arguing lack of traction, when the shoe is on the other foot, (stalled automatic Camaro with slicks and skinnys vs. 6spd Mustang from a dig their story changes!)

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
Not sure on auto never dyno'd it. I'd say probably around 640-650ish since 50-60hp loss thru the auto. I will dyno it in the future though when I up the boost.

Also this isn't a typical "centri" 5.0, this car has instant torque and MAX boost right off the hit, it has the "dem tangs" mod from a local shop. I was surprised on how it took off, because my car makes a good amount of torque, and the 5.0 stayed right there with me.

I have a 2.9 whipple and I also going with a built 4r myself. Then twin turbo. Your car for being down on hp vs the 5.0 is damn impressive. He is making more than you. The guy can also drive. On the streets, not everyone has the driver mod. Your car with the auto will hurt a lot of feelings.

I was a big blower guy and I was going to order the 4.0 whipple. But when I went for a ride in my friends twin turbo cobra, on 10lbs with a freddy brown 4r auto, I was blown away. his 10lb setup would destroy my 23lb 2.9 whipple setup.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Says the guy who's most known on this site for cheating and stealing the hit in every single one of his races posted. :lol:

Oh hay buddie, how is it going?

I thought you had finally let go. I was starting to think that your crush on me had wore off.

I think you mean "the guy who's most know on this site for running cars as the underdog and hurting feewings/crushing dreams in every single one of his races posted on his old clapped out and underpowered c5z". :lol:

Hey Zytroll

8 second Centri WITH nitrous, fully built 900hp Z06 vs. 495hp N/A Mustang.

[youtube_browser]KCTVy1_xCZg[/youtube_browser]

Not enough traction? That's a funny excuse!!! Funny every single Corvette owner on here was arguing lack of traction, when the shoe is on the other foot, (stalled automatic Camaro with slicks and skinnys vs. 6spd Mustang from a dig their story changes!)

I guess all that Cobra venom must have intoxicated your thought process. What does a corvette video have to do with with the ZL1 vs 5.0? I could give not two stinky shits how a turdvette got a beat down by a fox with a more efficient set up.

As a matter of fact you further prove my point genius, both the 5.0 and vette got their heart ripped out by the ZL and fox respectively, period.

Last edited:

zacmustang03

Established Member
nice cars would of been nice to see where the zl1 would of been in this race where all the cars were set up properly. Better yet at the track I put my money on the cobra due to the auto. Nice 5.0 both cars sound mean.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I think you mean "the guy who's most know on this site for running cars as the underdog and hurting feewings/crushing dreams in every single one of his races posted on his old clapped out and underpowered c5z". :lol:

Oh hey kid. :) You're known as the Corvette owner who's ego is so large he steals the hit every time on no $$ races. Sad reputation to have son. :thumbsup:

What does a corvette video have to do with with the ZL1 vs 5.0?

About as much as a ZL1 has to do with this thread. :beer:

I could give not two stinky shits how a turdvette got a beat down by a fox with a more efficient set up.

Just as no one gives a shit about a stalled automatic ZL1 with slicks and skinnys beating a 6spd 5.0 spinning through-out 3 gears from a dig. :p Was your goal to stir the pot, if so I must say, for once you deserve credit for something.

Last edited:

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
I am on e85, and the 5.0 is on pump gas (maybe meth? idk)

Obviously the 5.0 moves out, but on that day when the Zl1 and the 5.0 ran it lost. The 5.0s suspension was out of whack and he just blew the tires off.

And rematch is coming soon between them, I'm hopefully also running the ZL1

is it common for the new 5.0s to outpower a 04 cobra with a 2.9l blower and 20psi? thats close to a 700rwhp setup

how does the 5.0 make similar power at half the boost?

FiveSpeed

Established Member
is it common for the new 5.0s to outpower a 04 cobra with a 2.9l blower and 20psi? thats close to a 700rwhp setup

how does the 5.0 make similar power at half the boost?

Coyotes have a higher compression ratio than the Cobra engines. Although this particular one is built it appears he's also running a high compression combo. Curious what that combo would make on e85 rather than pump gas.

Users who are viewing this thread