2013/2014 GT500 - are they reliable?

jmsa540

Established Member
Honestly, when it comes to looks and reputation, GT500 takes the win everyday compared to Hellcat. I know they are very nice and impressive cars but I m not only after power and speed. I would like to have that shelby style and name. I remember the feeling I had every time I drove my 11 Shelby. Should have never sold it.
Good point

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
The hellcat gets more street cred, the gt500 will get you more car guy street cred.

Also, a 6M hellcat is kinda silly considering how good the A8 version really is. I'd still prolly take a 6M over the auto given the choice. Rowing gears is just more fun to me.

musclefan21

Established Member
The hellcat gets more street cred, the gt500 will get you more car guy street cred.

Also, a 6M hellcat is kinda silly considering how good the A8 version really is. I'd still prolly take a 6M over the auto given the choice. Rowing gears is just more fun to me.

I have no interest in street cred. Lol. I am all grown up.

Recon

Established Member
Research I’ve done when I looked at 2 Trinity’s states the throttle body and mid pipe are the first things that need to be upgraded, when talking about a stock car. Another very common mod, almost a necessity, is tires. Compared to a Condor, the Trinity will max out quicker due to better components that are standard on the car. One issue is the Trinity is a special engine and it is expensive to rebuild if something happens. Condor’s can max out the bottom end but Trinity’s are closer to their max than a Condor is in stock form. My plan, if I got either Trinity I looked at, was: pulley, throttle body, longtubes, off-road mid, high power figure cooling components, and eventually cams. Have it on a safe tune to ensure durability and reliability. As with all things, anything could happen; so take that with a grain of salt.
I've admit, I've alway's wanted late 80's 911 built up but thats me
You won’t be disappointed, especially if you can swing a 930.

Pick your poison.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Erdal, go surpa and enjoy if you have the cash as want heavy HP

Or go coyote and save the money but be ready to spend a few bucks to make it track and hang in the corners

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Reliable for sure with intake pulley and tune.

The powder metal rods in the 13-14 have a taper at small end of the rod to fit the redesigned pistons that the 07-12 never had. Personally wasnt a fan of that. The rods will always be the limiting factor in the GT500s. Of course 700 RWHP is a hell of a limit to get to.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Respect octane and RPM, and 750rwhp ‘13-14 GT500s are very reliable, in my personal experience.
My recommendation is 4.10s, 305 DRs, Lund tune.
With only those mods, my ‘14 GT500 went 11.0@129
It’s very easy to hit 700rwhp on 93 and it’ll stay together as long as you respect having good octane and not shifting it over 6500rpm.
The Trinity GT500s are the pinnacle of S197 cars, so if you can afford one, definitely go for it.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread