2013 / 2014 GT500 Fuel Injector Clarification

CobraJet330

Established Member
Hello all,

I am looking to get some clarification in regards to the true flow rate of the OEM 13/14 GT500 fuel injectors. The injector in question is Ford p/n, M-9593-MU52 (Ford engineering number, DR3V-AA).

According to FRPP's website, these injectors flow 52lb/hr and are benchmarked at 39.15psi with a 1.0000 multiplier as a function of injection pressure.

However, looking around various vendor sites, I see this same injector labeled as "52lb", "55lb" and "56lb". I also see a lot of folks on this forum (and others) referring to these injectors as "56lb injectors".

From 52lb (low) to 56lb (high), we are talking about a flow rate difference of approx 7% (4lbs/hr or 42cc/min). Not a huge amount, but definitely enough to make a difference in engine tuning parameters and performance.

This leads me to ask, does anyone know why we call 52lb injectors, "56lb"?

I would find it odd if vendors were advertising flow rates that were taken at different system pressures, as this would defeat the purpose of a benchmark. Im starting to wonder if this is just evolved GT500 nomenclature. Any insight would be great. Thanks all.

HKusp

Established Member
My tuner said people call them 56lb/hr but they are really 52lb/hr. That being said, they're just numbers. What you need is to know what your tuner can do with them. They'll tell you.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
They're 52 but WILL flow 56 @ pounds of pressure.

The "56" thing is a sales label. After all, bigger is better, right?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

CobraJet330

Established Member
Thanks for your replies folks. You have confirmed what I suspected to be the truth. Good info to have for reference.

Users who are viewing this thread