2013 5.0 vs Challenger RT

perry2k12

Established Member
Nice kill, Dodge never saw it coming. I raced one of these SRT8 Challengers at our local track last year when I was upper/port only and it was bad for him.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I ran an SRT8 Challenger from a light (twice) a few weeks ago. I was surprised it literally launched with me but each gear change earned me about a car. Not impressed! I am a 6A tune and CAI only. If I was buying the car solely on looks, I would buy the Challenger but that race vailidated my choice. No it was not a 392.

S14KAT

Established Member
I've beaten R/Ts with my 350Z... I'm not impressed, however the new 392 whipped my ass, knew I had it coming but fun none the less.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Lol even the STR8 is slow. I buried a 425hp challenger and nosed away from a 392 car.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I no doubt think the cars look down right awesome. I have to bog my car right now and short shift into second to stop it from being all over the place. NT05R's are shipped. Can't wait to dead stop with people with more confidence, my car is a 3:31 gear too... I couldn't imagine a 3:73 car. Based on the beating I put on this thing I'm not to worried about any N/A Chally.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I was joking with my last post.

I ran an SRT8 Challenger from a light (twice) a few weeks ago. I was surprised it literally launched with me but each gear change earned me about a car. Not impressed! I am a 6A tune and CAI only. If I was buying the car solely on looks, I would buy the Challenger but that race vailidated my choice. No it was not a 392.

Lol even the STR8 is slow. I buried a 425hp challenger and nosed away from a 392 car.

You two do know that stock for stock the new srt8 and 5.0 is a drivers race right? Big Ben you're modded so I'd expect you to pull the new srt8 because from what i understand there isn't any tuning for the 392 yet.

I don't see how people say the new 5.0 is impressive but then say the 392 SRT8 isn't when they run identical times is stock form. Hell, a member here ran 12.2@114 in his stock 392SRT8 Challenger. I don't think a stock 5.0 has ran that fast, hero run or not.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
B7, it's actually my brothers neighbor he absolutely begged to come out with us... and we're like if you really feel like climbing in the back go ahead guys 6'4" 280 ;) There should be a law :( it was on my brothers phone... once I get my car where I want it a GoPro will be coming soon.

2KBlack,

Comparing a Stock 5.0 to a SRT8/392 is apples to oranges from a price tag perspective. the 392 should perform more along the lines of a GT500 which.... we all know, what those are about. You can get a Base 13' GT500 on X plan for about 48k. You can't touch Ford for bang for your buck.... it's been like that for almost 50 years ;)

ReefBlueCoupe

Established Member
I don't see how people say the new 5.0 is impressive but then say the 392 SRT8 isn't when they run identical times is stock form. Hell, a member here ran 12.2@114 in his stock 392SRT8 Challenger. I don't think a stock 5.0 has ran that fast, hero run or not.

Stock vs stock, yeah, that's impressive. Unfortunately for Mopar fans though, that's where it ends. The aftermarket for both cars is.. well there is no comparison. The Mustang aftermarket is 10x as big as the late model Mopar aftermarket. The main reason being is that a lot of the Mustang aftermarket companies have been around since the beginning of the fox EFI days. Mopar aftermarket companies (not all) have not been around that long because before the SRT-8 products were introduced, Mopar RWD products were: Trucks, Durangos, and the Viper. So, the experience of the Mustang aftermarket as a whole is light years ahead of the Mopar aftermarket. Hell, when I visted Comp Cams during the Pump Gas Drags in 2008, they were still trying to unlock the Mopar computers so people could run aftermarket cams in them.

There's a reason the car is called a CHALLENGER and not a WINNER :D (sorry for the horribly corny joke).

Challengers are cool, if you're into retro Mopar styling. They are big and comfortable. They're impressive off the showroom floor. To make them fast though takes an assload of money, and they don't respond to bolt-on mods nearly as well as 2011+ GTs.

Users who are viewing this thread