2013 g500 alternator any one ?

red gt500

Established Member
i just fried my pa performance 130 amp alt and i decided to installed a new 2013 gt500 alternator..it fits without any problem and the car is up and running
but i don't know any thing about this alternator it looks for sure different from the inside than the old models
but am no expert on alternators thats way am asking if any one knows any thing about this alternator

Snoopy49

Established Member
2013-4 Generator Specs.jpg

ncmustangparts

Established Member
I've been running a 14 alt on my 08 for about a year now with no issues. It's not a true bolt on though. The positive cable needs to be drilled out slightly for it to attach to the 13/14 output stud

Imatk

Established Member
How did you fry your PA alternator?

Also they have a lifetime warranty so I'd at least get a new one to sell, that way you could recoup some of your money.

red gt500

Established Member
it was not charging at wot after 5 k rpm you will see the voltage will drop from 14v to 11v ..i dont know whats wrong i have sent it to pa waiting for there response
i will update you

Last edited:

Imatk

Established Member
it was not charging at wot after 5 k rpm you will see the voltage will drop from 14v to 11v ..i dont know whats wrong i have sent it to pa waiting for there response
i will update you

Ok thanks... I have a PA unit as well but I don't have anyway to see the voltage... do you have a guage on it?

red gt500

Established Member
i use sct live link datalogger
you can log battery volts-and rpm those two should read your actual voltage across the rpm

Users who are viewing this thread