2013 GT500 blower upgrades?

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Been out of the Mustang scene for a few years. Still love them as much as Vette's. I'm a car guy and not a brand guy.

I read somewhere the blower is running 15 lbs. from the factory. Anyone want to guess how much more HP you will be able to get from the stock blower? Porting? Increasing boost? Pulley swap?

I gained 100 RWHP on my old Cobra just going to a 2.80 and got another 25 with a ported blower.

I can just imagine what Kenne Bell and Whipple will have for an aftermarket huffer.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
I believe a 2.9 or 3.4 whipple would be an improvement on the 2013. The 2.3 TVS is a great blower for making tons of torque. I have a buddy that has a 2012 with the FRPP 2.9 whipple kit on his car. The car is like night and day compared to when it was stock. Would love to see what a 2013 would make with a 3,4 whipple on 18-20 lbs of boost.

Last edited:

Kewlv8

Established Member
Been out of the Mustang scene for a few years. Still love them as much as Vette's. I'm a car guy and not a brand guy.

I read somewhere the blower is running 15 lbs. from the factory. Anyone want to guess how much more HP you will be able to get from the stock blower? Porting? Increasing boost? Pulley swap?

I gained 100 RWHP on my old Cobra just going to a 2.80 and got another 25 with a ported blower.

I can just imagine what Kenne Bell and Whipple will have for an aftermarket huffer.

The 2013 GT500 has more topside power available, the tune is likely very conservative. For example, the same blower with a 2.5 pulley and a tune on the outgoing 5.4 is good for ~650Rwhp. I expect a bit more from the 5.8L, so that an easy 70+HP right there by adding a tune and pulley. Of course, for those cats that need more than 700Rwhp, the larger blowers will still be available. .....:burn:

Kewlv8

Established Member
The 2013 GT500 has more topside power available, the tune is likely very conservative. For example, the same blower with a 2.5 pulley and a tune on the outgoing 5.4 is good for ~650Rwhp. I expect a bit more from the 5.8L, so that's an easy 70+HP right there by adding a tune and pulley. Of course, for those cats that need more than 700Rwhp, the larger blowers will still be available. .....:burn:
One note, above 650Rwhp, some supporting fuel mods may be required.

nekasrof

Established Member
Just change the blower. No tune necessary. Car stays conservative yet picks up power. Maybe Whipple will make a blower with a 100hp gain.

Users who are viewing this thread