2013 gt500 recaros

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Hey everyone

Will the 2013 gt500 recaros fit and work in my 2011 gt? Do I need any wiring?

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Is there a hook up or plug in made? So if I get into an accident the airbags won't deploy I guess

syclone50

Established Member
There isn't, I know it can be done you just have to move a couple of wires around. As far as I know if you don't hook up the seat airbags it disables the entire system

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
I swapped in Recaros. It doesn't matter what seats you have, they will plug in. Including Airbag. The only exceptions are 11- early 12 are only compatible with other 11-early 12 seats. Also, Heat will not work but power and lumbar will work.

Underneath ALL seats (power, standard, recaro), you will find 2 plugs. It's plug and play except for the heat function. ALL other power functions will work

Last edited:

A_92Coupe

Established Member
I swapped in Recaros. It doesn't matter what seats you have, they will plug in. Including Airbag. The only exceptions are 11- early 12 are only compatible with other 11-early 12 seats. Also, Heat will not work but power and lumbar will work.

Underneath ALL seats (power, standard, recaro), you will find 2 plugs. It's plug and play except for the heat function. ALL other power functions will work

Didn't think id find you on here lol where'd you get your recaros from?
Its Donovan btw

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Didn't think id find you on here lol where'd you get your recaros from?
Its Donovan btw

Haha! What's up?? Yeah I lurk on here a shit ton haha got the recaros from a club member wanting the premium power seats haha

Paul.

Established Member
Hey everyone

Will the 2013 gt500 recaros fit and work in my 2011 gt? Do I need any wiring?

All of the information you need, along with very detailed instructions and pictures can be found in this thread.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?909957-My-FRPP-Recaro-s-just-came-in

Tob and I have covered this at great length. The airbag modules are different, as well as the Occupant Classification System bladder in the passenger seat. You will need to swap those over from your old seats in order to prevent an airbag light. I converted a set of FRPP Recaros (specifically for an 11-12 car) to power/heated/adjustable lumbar Shelby Recaros in that thread. It cost $3600 and took 20 hours.

Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread