• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

2013 Mustang GT, converted to GT/CS fog lights

Discussion in '2011-2014 Mustang Talk' started by SVT Rob, Dec 26, 2019.

1. SVT Rob

SVT Rob Active Member Established Member

So I have a problem with my fog lights. I can turn and pull the switch, and the indicator comes on signifying that the fog lights are on. But 90% of the time, the lights do not come on. I've taken my trusty volt meter, and there is power at the connector at the front bumper. Thinking it was bulbs, I went and purchased new bulbs, but still no light. I'd say they worked for about 18-20 months with no issues. Not sure where to go about troubleshooting these. Fuse looks good and I can hear the relay click under the dash.

I can't put the stock fog lights back, since I cut out the mount supports to install the Cervini front grille.

2. nyuk98GT

nyuk98GT Active Member Established Member

SVT Rob,

Howdy, neighbor. Not sure if I have the electrical skills to help but I'll do my best, lol.

How do the connectors at the lights look? Any corrosion on the contacts? Those connectors will come apart but you have to be patient and gentle or something will break. I'm thinking that the CS foglights are lower and more likely to get drenched so corrosion may be a factor.

Since you have a VOM, check the resistance in the harness, say, from the relay contact to the light connector. Starkey (starkey-products.com) sells a nice extension harness, if you need one.

That's about all I can think of but I hope it is useful.

Keep us posted, please.

Chris

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  3. jgt58

jgt58 Active Member Established Member

Dude why in the world would you do that? Our fogs are so freaking awesome

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. SVT Rob

I know, they are the best. But had to do it for the Cervini GT500 grille. At this point, I'm seriously tempted to fab a bracket up and put them back in somewhere.

5. jgt58

jgt58 Active Member Established Member

I would man. I would not give up our lighting for a grille

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6. 2014gtcs

2014gtcs Member Established Member

A bit off topic, are there brighter fog light bulbs available for the GT/CS, mine are not very bright compared to the headlights.

7. SVT Rob

There are LED replacement bulbs that are significantly brighter.

2014gtcs likes this.
  8. nate714

nate714 Member Established Member

Starkey sells an adapter to go from the Ford OEM GT Foglight 4 pin connector to the common H11 bulb style pin found on GT/CS Fog lights. I purchased LED replacement bulbs for H11 size bulb with a higher wattage, I believe 50 watt - and it is certainly brighter than the grille mounted GT OEM Fogs. As cool as the GT Fogs were, I also switched to a new upper grille and needed to relocate fogs. I am much happier with the lower and wider positions of the new fogs as well as the brighter light output. Much better corner and ground lighting.

L8APEX likes this.
  9. SVT Rob

I still haven't had a chance to check on this, been working on a Sentra for my youngest, trying to get her first car ready to hit the road. I did get the kit from Latemodel Restoration with the GT/CS fogs and harness extensions, though.