2013 Mustang GT/CS with 3'' Trufiber Cowl Hood - PIC HEAVY

clean92lx

Established Member
Since you have 2 inches of clearance still with the hood open, the struts should be ok. I know they open the hood more than the prop rod does.
Is it a lot heavier than the stock hood?
It's about 5 lbs heavier then the stock hood
Looks amazing. Love how it extends back towards the windshield. Similar to a true lift-off style hood.

Does anyone has this hood on a 2011-2012?

Thanks!

matt5058

Established Member
That hood looks great. Did you order it pre-painted or did you have to have it painted to match the car?

edit: Thinking back on when I was going to order a new hood for my TA, it has to be ordered unpainted and then driven around for a bit before being painted...is that correct?

Last edited:

clean92lx

Established Member
That hood looks great. Did you order it pre-painted or did you have to have it painted to match the car?

edit: Thinking back on when I was going to order a new hood for my TA, it has to be ordered unpainted and then driven around for a bit before being painted...is that correct?

I had it painted. It should've been baked for 3 hours but the shop didn't do it like I requested so now they get to start all over

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
Does anyone has this hood on a 2011-2012?

I have it on my "11 and absolutely love it. Body shop did a great job.

8a47fec0-71d0-42af-9a81-b60a6fad9da4.jpg

http://s78.photobucket.com/user/Pat...9-4494-a054-22f88cf8dd4b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=33

Your car looks great clean92lx.

Last edited:

RI GT500

Established Member
Your car looks great, I noticed no hood vents. Did you notice any change in temps with out them? Do the stock hood vents work?

RI GT500

Established Member
Cool, do you think if you put the stock hood vents in the cowl hood the temps would drop even more?

Users who are viewing this thread