2013 Mustang GT Track Days - Toyo R888's on 9" Brembo to use 265/35 or 295/30?

crfblur

Established Member
Just want to poll the site for some advice and experience. I have been tracking my 2013 Mustang Gt Track Pack for 3 years now and been using a spare set of Brembo wheels for some of these track days. I currently have a set of 275/35-19 Dunlop Dirrezzas but was wanting to move up to Toyo R888's. I know the Brembo's are narrow for a 295 tire, but will this still provide better traction / wear than a 265 width on the same Brembo wheel?

For reference, I have Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates with their 320+ pound springs and Koni adjustable shocks for suspension. The car is capable of more but my best times at Barber are currently in the 1:47 range. Eventually I plan to go to Forgestars with 315 widths but it is not in the budget for the next round of tires.

Thanks

DIB302

Established Member
Interested in this as well. I personally wouldn't try to run a 295 on a 9 inch wide wheel. The contact patch won't benefit from running an oversized tire on that wheel. I am also looking into the R888's for track use, but on an 18x10 wheel. Planning on going with a 285 squared setup for now.

Users who are viewing this thread