2013 Rear Bumper Help

Stetler17

Established Member
I'm looking to convert my 10' to the 13' bumper and tail lights. Searching around it looks like I can save $$ and buy the GT bumper cover, then trim it myself for the GT500 diffuser.

My concern is that occasionally I see a picture of a GT and there are four buttons or something across the bumper cover below the license area and above the diffuser area. What are they and why do only some cars have them? What do u need to do when ordering the cover to avoid getting one with them?

Thanks for any help or insight.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
The ford catalog has two different part numbers for the bumper covers. Just check it against the one you're ordering. Also you will need the foam that goes under the bumper.

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
No reverse sensors

Sorry.... Parking sensors... for when you are reversing....

DSCN1442_zps08ee151e.jpg

Last edited:

2nd2none

Established Member
Let me know if you have more questions. I just got done swapping out my 2010 bumper/lights/exhaust about a month ago. If you haven't thought about it yet, the 2010 has a different exhaust compared to 2011+ so you'll need new piping/brackets.

Last edited:

Stetler17

Established Member
I know about the exhaust differences but haven't looked at options yet.

I'm thinking either 11' up over axle pipes ( not sure if they mate to my Lethal X), modify the 13' muffler, or use my existing with a Boss diffuser until I figure it out. Is there an easy way?

2nd2none

Established Member
I know about the exhaust differences but haven't looked at options yet.

I'm thinking either 11' up over axle pipes ( not sure if they mate to my Lethal X), modify the 13' muffler, or use my existing with a Boss diffuser until I figure it out. Is there an easy way?

They shouldn't bolt up to your current X as the piping went up to 2.75" in 2011 and the 2010 is only 2.5". I swapped out my exhaust prior to having the cash to buy the bumper/lights. I found a used 2013 Hpipe, over axle, and mufflers. The manifolds are the same for all years so the newer Hpipe bolts right up. I couldn't use the 2013 mufflers yet since I was still using my 2010 bumper so I picked up some Pypes axle backs for a 2011+ to use until I saved up some more. I ordered the newer muffler brackets from Autonation Ford (vendor on here) and bolted them up using existing holes. You'll also need the new clamps that bolt the X-pipe to the over axle pipes due to the larger diameter pipe. On 1 or 2 of the muffler brackets you can't use all of the bolts but they hold up just fine anyways. Like someone else mentionend earlier, don't forget to order the foam piece that goes just inside the bumper cover. You could just remove your stock one all together if you want and run without it as I know some have done.

Stetler17

Established Member
Bringing this back up for one final question. I have everything bought that has been mentioned and waiting on paint. I have read a couple of places that I will also need the left and right bumper brackets. Does anyone know what is different about them and did you need them or not.

Thanks again!

2nd2none

Established Member
You don't need new brackets. Theres a foam piece that is in between the metal and your plastic bumper cover. I believe it was just held in place with 2 push pins. That foam piece is what you'll need.

Edit: actually, they have it listed as a bracket on fordparts.com but its not the left/right ones I think you were talking about. Heres a pic. Your original one is shaped a little different and will actually be pushing on the 2013 bumper cover and preventing it from going on correctly. Some have just removed it completely as I guess its just supposed to help absorb some shock if you get hit in the rear.
photdddo_zpsfbd1e217.gif

Last edited:

rfugio68

Established Member
I did the conversion the day I bought my 2010, as for the exhaust magnaflow makes a quad axle back for 2010s. Part # 15075

Stetler17

Established Member
Hadn't seen the Magnaflow 15075. Have you confirmed it centers up with the 13 diffuser? I'm still using the Boss diffuser and stock 10 mufflers but wanting to swap it out before spring.

Magnaflows might be a little too loud with my O/R X though.

Car looks great TVS VERT. I did the rockers also and can't believe how much better the car looks. Color matching the front chin helps too. I did the chin and then left the 13 lower chin pieces black to take the road abuse.
I left the rear blackout panel off and used the RTR license surround. Really makes the stripes look more complete since they are not all broke up. For me anyway.

Last edited:

rfugio68

Established Member
Just installed my diffuser, and my mufflers(15075) came in today for my 2010. Will install them tomorrow to verify fitment.
IMAG1439_zpstvjlojih.jpg
IMAG1226_zpstrwqukvh.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread