2013 Shelby GT500 to Get 650-HP Turbocharged V8

Hydroshocked

Established Member
*Update* 2013 Shelby GT500 to Get 650-HP Turbocharged V8

Hopefully this is not a repost I looked and did not find it but anyways here is link. *UPDATE* http://www.muscularmustangs.com/downloads/uaw_contract_summary.pdf

Untitled.png

2013 Shelby GT500 to Get 650-HP Turbocharged V8 | AutoGuide.com News

Well looks like it might be the 5.8 after all. . . .

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
...............and will require you to hand over your first born child as a downpayment.

6.0GTO

Established Member
It will be interesting to see if the same people that make fun of GM for throwing HP at the problem(which they do) instead of fixing the problem of too much weight.

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
It will be interesting to see if the same people that make fun of GM for throwing HP at the problem(which they do) instead of fixing the problem of too much weight.

This. Car doesn't need much more HP, it needs less weight.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Even happier I got rid of my of 09, time to save. God the 3.23's in 07-09 makes it a pig on the highway.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
what's more likely...ford puts a bigger supercharger on or re-designs the car and puts a turbo on it???

Gee...i wonder??? It's not going to be a turbo car, ever

cmsnake

Established Member
Lights out Camaro once again. I love Ford's new attitude. Just being able to compete just doesnt cut it anymore!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Based solely on the horsepower increase, we estimate that the 2013 model will drop almost half a second through the quarter, for a 12.0-second run. As it is already traction limited, we don’t see the 0-to-60 number changing much. We do, however, anticipate that it’ll be a straight-up bitch to launch consistently, at least without the addition of a launch-control system. If it isn’t limited to 155 mph, as the current car is, the 2013 GT500 should be capable of topping 190 mph.

based on these times, a 600 hp GT500 isn't much faster than the 390 hp rated Terminator.. WTF, them dudes CAN'T DRIVE!!!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
So tired of the Turbo V8 rumors. People trip over themselves to post the speculation crap and it goes on and on.

:sleeping:

HoustonGT

Established Member
I'm actually excited about this. Twin Turbo V8 combined with some what seems to be a better handling platform and killer looks is a big win in my book.

Also, for the 2011 model, Ford dropped more than 100lbs from the front end of the car and i'm guessing with about 2 more years of development and a slight increase in price, they might be able to do the same once again.

This would put the car somewhere around 3700lbs, which is still on the heavy side, but nothing a boost controller and a few extra pounds of boost couldn't fix. Besides, if the car handles like a dream and flies down the track, who cares about the curb weight? (i.e: the 4200lb CTS-V)

@Silver2003Cobra - There is far more to the car than a simple 1/4 mile time. Comparing the interior, brakes, suspension components and handling characteristics, technology, and looks (subjective) of the 2014 GT500 to a Terminator is not even fair.

Users who are viewing this thread