2013 Shelby GT500. Trying to program the garage door opener and it's not working.

SilverStreak02

Established Member
I have the exact same issue. Tried everything. Even took it to the dealer. Still doesn’t work. I can’t even get it to complete the reset (delete the existing) function.

XP900

Established Member
Is this a built in unit in the car? If so does the manual state the frequencies and types of controllers it will work with? There are many types of garage door openers and multiple types of frequency styles used with some using varying shifting frequency changes for security. 2013 is fairly old and your garage door may be using a newer frequency style that your car cannot handle. I have had this issue with various older cars using newer garage door openers.

There is a cheap solution though if you cannot get it to work. You can add a Wyze garage door camera near the unit which gets hard wired into the 2 wire connectors used for the push buttons. Simple setup and lets you view inside the garage and open and close the door remotely using your phone from anywhere - no monthly fees of any kind needed. I think it was less than $50 and I have helped out several family members with it. It just works without any issues and is very easy to setup. I attach the camera to the top of the opener since it has to be able to see the garage door since you place a barcode sticker that the camera can see to determine if the door is open or closed.

railroad

Established Member
My Chamberlain door openers will not mate to any of my Ford built in systems.
Called Chamberlain and they agree Ford system not compatible.
2010 MKX, 2013 GT500, 2013 Lariat.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Is this a built in unit in the car? If so does the manual state the frequencies and types of controllers it will work with? There are many types of garage door openers and multiple types of frequency styles used with some using varying shifting frequency changes for security. 2013 is fairly old and your garage door may be using a newer frequency style that your car cannot handle. I have had this issue with various older cars using newer garage door openers.

There is a cheap solution though if you cannot get it to work. You can add a Wyze garage door camera near the unit which gets hard wired into the 2 wire connectors used for the push buttons. Simple setup and lets you view inside the garage and open and close the door remotely using your phone from anywhere - no monthly fees of any kind needed. I think it was less than $50 and I have helped out several family members with it. It just works without any issues and is very easy to setup. I attach the camera to the top of the opener since it has to be able to see the garage door since you place a barcode sticker that the camera can see to determine if the door is open or closed.
Thanks, it's a built in unit.

The directions are either for a rolling code or non rolling code garage door opener.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Great post, very helpful for many.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I have something similar, so I can use my phone to open/close the door from anywhere. It's plugged in right next to the opener. Been a long time, so I would need to look to see what it is.

When I added those two new garage doors and openers on the new House, he installed Chamberlain LED openers with wifi.. .pretty cool. I can open them from my phone.

IA Shelby

Established Member

Thank you. I have several vehicles that built in units (23 wagoneer, 23 Bronco, 21 cherokee, 18 Rubicon Wrangler - none of them work). I will try this solution.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
For no apparent reason, the 2013-14 came with two openers. Homelink and another brand, don't know the name. The manual explains which one you have. The "other" unit is very rectangular in the visor. The Homelink has more rounded corners and curved a little. I have the Homelink in mine and it linked to my Chamberlain openers fine.

Tom

einehund

Established Member
I know my 2013 F150 could get homelink to work with my old openers, but i moved and the openers i have now specifically say they don't work with homelink.

Users who are viewing this thread