2013 Shelby GT500 vs 2012 Camaro ZL1 Match Race at Atco Raceway!

mike69440

Established Member
Did anyone notice like I did the DAZED and confused look on the ZL1 owner after the first race?? lol.

The car is simply just too damn big... I think they should be congratulated on the mag ride because just about everyone loves it and says it's the bomb. But man -- that's about it.. The poor thing just can't do what it should be (or what so many were thinking it would) able to do with the engine with all that weight..

If the car was about 300 lbs lighter it would make a huge difference.

I think a good bit of the ZL1 owners may have to resort to doing cam swaps and maybe head swaps as well to try to level things out. But like everyone here knows -- many GT500 owners will prob at least do a tune and t/b so there's another 40-60ish that the ZL1 will need to try to catch up on top of the already near 90 rwhp difference!

Gotta love these times man.. Friggin bone stock mustang going mid 11's at 124-125... incredible times for us car lovers.
Try 600 Lbs lighter. Mustang is a fat Pony, Camaro are Oink! With their tiny little windows, blind pigs at that.

I have to say, the Chevy suspesion seems great, and it has a stout drivetrain, but I just can't deal with that lead weighted Hot Wheels TM look.

mid 11's at 124-125...is cooking!

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
C63 AMG runs about the same with 100 less hp.

And the 392's run close to the same times and theyre 110hp down and weight MORE!!! Im the first to admit i love chevy failing but something is up with these cars. No way even @ 4k lbs should a 580hp car be trapping that low...

Users who are viewing this thread