2013 Shelby vs SRT Viper GTS

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Wow. Very good kill. Would be nice to see the same races against a driver who knows how to avoid the rev limiter. Viper driver sucked.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Wow. Very good kill. Would be nice to see the same races against a driver who knows how to avoid the rev limiter. Viper driver sucked.
I post at the VOA, i would say a good majority that dont track their Viper are like the one in this video. There are countless threads asking how to launch the car, or my car runs 12s. Lol, this is a 640hp car that weighs 33xxlbs. It should be running mid 11's (decent driver), low 11's maybe high 10 with awesome driver.

Still waiting to hear what OP has done to the GT500.

1.8t

Established Member
Viper was spinning like crazy on the hit. Interesting to see the GT500 hook and book. Good runs.

Swine

Established Member

Viper is on the limiter cause the mf'er aint got no traction brah, you cant tell that its spinning??

johnkn

Established Member
Is that the limiter or traction control?

Viper traction control = right foot

It must have been a really good kill, I see the OP already has at least 2 threads on the subject. ;^)

If in NY and assuming ~45*, no traction and bouncing off the limiter in both gears...

Last edited:

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Viper traction control = right foot

It must have been a really good kill, I see the OP already has at least 2 threads on the subject. ;^)

If in NY and assuming ~45*, no traction and bouncing off the limiter in both gears...

Pretty sure that gen viper has TC. Either way he was spinning. Would like to see a rerun with better traction or a higher speed to help. Nice kill though OP!

svt1111

Established Member
I didn't even watch the video. The comments cemented the fact it would be a waste of my time.

As a Viper owner, I just don't get why so many people complain that these cars are hard to drive. They have 50/50 weight distribution and 345 rear tires! I'm not Mario Andretti but I've drag raced mine dozens of times and road coursed it even more and it flat hooks up. Any half wit can be quick in a Gen IV/V Viper!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I didn't even watch the video. The comments cemented the fact it would be a waste of my time.

As a Viper owner, I just don't get why so many people complain that these cars are hard to drive. They have 50/50 weight distribution and 345 rear tires! I'm not Mario Andretti but I've drag raced mine dozens of times and road coursed it even more and it flat hooks up. Any half wit can be quick in a Gen IV/V Viper!

Yeah, I'm not buying that the Viper was spinning in that video. If it was, it must have the most plumb dead straight thrust angle in the world. Didn't look like it wiggled even a little bit.

earl lee

Established Member
Yeah, I'm not buying that the Viper was spinning in that video. If it was, it must have the most plumb dead straight thrust angle in the world. Didn't look like it wiggled even a little bit.

It wasnt, it just had a crap driver. A crap driver in a manual can make anything slow.

Users who are viewing this thread