2013 TVS Elbow

ShelbyVaprTrail

Established Member
For anyone who has installed a 2013 TVS on a 2007-2010 GT500- Were you able to find the correct part to attach the second vaccum hose? If so, what was the part nmber? If not, do you have any pics of how you attached the second hose? Thanks for any help you can provide.

cjgt500

Established Member
I would trade someone for a '13 elbow as there appears to be no difference between VMP and the '13 TVS elbow. I need the EVAP sensor plug like the '13 has while the 07-10 use thes VMP elbow design without any need for adapters.

Last edited:

Indykid

Established Member
I would trade someone for a '13 elbow as there appears to be no difference between VMP and the '13 TVS elbow. I need the EVAP sensor plug like the '13 has while the 07-10 use thes VMP elbow design without any need for adapters.

Good info right there! Thanks CJ.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member

It looks like VMP has two different elbows (72elbow & 72elbow11) depending on 07-10 or 11 and up.

I believe one of the guys who did the 13 TVS said he plugged the hole on the elbow with a 5/8" freeze plug and used a standard "T" fitting to tap evap to the brake booster vacuum line.

blackshelby

Just run a vac tee to the one vac line on the plenum so you can run both the car lines to it on the 13 plenum and plug the hole that will not be used.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd study the pictures of both superchargers carefully. I don't think they are shaped the same and the bolt holes don't appear to be in the same locations. If you can bolt your stock elbow up to the '13 TVS, it should be a go.

Here's the pic I found. I might be wrong. If the new elbow would fit the VMP TVS I may try to adapt it to my supercharger. It will no doubt take some porting, but I like the idea of having OEM mounting for the evap valve.

2012-05-08_08-50-33_221.jpg

Last edited:

cjgt500

Established Member
I'd study the pictures of both superchargers carefully. I don't think they are shaped the same and the bolt holes don't appear to be in the same locations. If you can bolt your stock elbow up to the '13 TVS, it should be a go.

Here's the pic I found. I might be wrong. If the new elbow would fit the VMP TVS I may try to adapt it to my supercharger. It will no doubt take some porting, but I like the idea of having OEM mounting for the evap valve.

2012-05-08_08-50-33_221.jpg

Negative that is comparing a FRPP TVS not the VMP TVS. The VMP TVS elbow and the '13 elbow are very, very close therefore interchangeable depending on what EVAP design (model year) one has. Looks like the '13 TVS elbow just has a squared corner on the port where the VMP TVS is more rounded. The VMP TVS port has some material removed on the bottom of the port as well. End of the day it would be negligble. Bolt patterns are the same.

2inletcomparefinal.gif

Yes VMP sells the elbows for 07-10 and then '11+. Same casting but the colors are just different but both have the 07-10 EVAP design.

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Negative that is comparing a FRPP TVS not the VMP TVS. The VMP TVS elbow and the '13 elbow are very, very close therefore interchangeable depending on what EVAP design (model year) one has.
I think if you look at the '13 elbow the bottom opening takes a lower dip toward the front. I'm not sure the '13 elbow would seal effectively against that open section between the bottom bolts on the VMP supercharger.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Just run a vac tee to the one vac line on the plenum so you can run both the car lines to it on the 13 plenum and plug the hole that will not be used.

This. Used a standard brass 3/8 tee, hose clamps, and a 5/8 freeze plug with some rtv as the fit wasn't as tight as I'd like.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I think if you look at the '13 elbow the bottom opening takes a lower dip toward the front. I'm not sure the '13 elbow would seal effectively against that open section between the bottom bolts on the VMP supercharger.

Correct, VMP has already stated the elbows are not interchangeable.

Users who are viewing this thread