2013 Vortech/Paxton SC (fog light removal)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famine

Established Member
I read that with the front bumper of the 2011/12, you have to remove the fogs for the ic of the Paxton/vortech blower. Is this the same with the 2013. It's one of the last factors in deciding which blower route I'm going to go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
^+1, You Also Do Not Have To Trim The bumper As The Instructions Say, Just The undertray

Posted via Topify using Android

Famine

Established Member
Ok. As silly as it may sound, I guess I'll be going with the roush as I don't want to lose the fogs. Thanks for the quick answers guys.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
2013-14 GT/CS fogs are not lost......if it's on the internet it must be true<--I see that entirely to much on here, everyone has become an expert in this day in age.

Famine

Established Member
Oh well, I think I'm just gonna go with the brenspeed roush setup instead. Thanks for the answers though. I hope it comes in handy for someone else.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Oh well, I think I'm just gonna go with the brenspeed roush setup instead. Thanks for the answers though. I hope it comes in handy for someone else.

if you change your mind, I can make you a smoking deal on a Paxton setup

beef
513-478-1965

RC-5.0

Established Member

I actually posted this over a year ago. Im going with VMP in Jan. I started out wanting Paxton to keep the engine cover (cleaner) but didnt want to remove my fogs. THEN I decided on the Roush because of the OEM look and not losing the fogs. So you see your decision being partly based on that is not as silly as it seems.

Oddly enough, I changed out my front bumper for the Roush Front bumper 2 months ago...so all that is moot anyway. Im still going with the VMP despite all that..IDK if this applies to your year, but it looks like that's been answered already.
Thanks
RC

Last edited:

Famine

Established Member
Thanks for the offer beef. I ended up pulling the trigger today on the brenspeed roush 650r package with the jlt cf big air intake.

3 oh 2

Established Member
Thanks for the offer beef. I ended up pulling the trigger today on the brenspeed roush 650r package with the jlt cf big air intake.

Does brenspeed offer a tune with the jlt big air intake now? I was going to buy their 650r kit but they didnt offer a tune for that package

BV600

Established Member
Anyone know how much bigger paxton/vortech intercooler is compared to Procharger?

I kept my CS Fogs with my procharger Front mount. It was a tight fit though.

agony

Established Member
Just want to confirm that the 13-14 GT/CS does not lose the fog lamps with the Paxton. Is there still a lot of cutting to the fascia? Would like to go the Paxton/Vortech route in a bit. Not much point right now with an inch of snow on my car.

Thanks

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
On the 12 you would need custom piping bent in and out of the intercooler. We haven't physically do a 13, but the 13s in general need no bumper cutting, but I think you might still need 2 custom bends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread