2013 ZR1 vs 2013 Viper GTS Dyno Test

Rick88LX

Established Member
Its all marketing.

It's not much different than SVT/Ford.

I worked at Chrysler from '97-'08 and the Viper engineering work was done by a smaller group of dedicated individuals. There is very little crossover from the rest of the company since there is nearly zero common architecture /componentry. Either way, it's a "Viper".

I happen to still know a few guys who've hot tested them out West as well as taken them to the track and they've stated that it's quite impressive. What that means in hard numbers, I can't say. When production Vipers hit the streets we'll know for sure.

I've seen a few on the streets around here and I think they look better in person.

Last edited:

9699cobra1

Established Member
Zr1 is Badass , but its not on the same page as the Viper as far as interior quality and looks etc . Most likely the C7 ZR1 will be closer to what the Viper is now.

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Zr1 is Badass , but its not on the same page as the Viper as far as interior quality and looks etc . Most likely the C7 ZR1 will be closer to what the Viper is now.

Vipers have had terrible interiors until now... neither of these cars were made to have luxurious interiors. I personally think the zr1 looks better. Its all a matter of opinion, but I wouldnt say these cars are on different pages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

61mmstang94

Established Member
Vipers have had terrible interiors until now... neither of these cars were made to have luxurious interiors. I personally think the zr1 looks better. Its all a matter of opinion, but I wouldnt say these cars are on different pages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Well, let's be honest. Corvettes, though the ZR1 is certainly badass, isn't awe inspiring, probably due to the fact that we see 34793479347948 corvettes every day.

The Viper on the other hand, I'll probably see more Corvettes today driving around than I will see Vipers the rest of my life.

I agree the ZR1 and the Viper are on a similar level, but the Viper is definitely the cooler car of the two, even if pre-testing shows a couple HP more on the ZR1 stock and I'm sure the Viper will respond well to mods like it always has and we don't wanna get into adding any boost to a Viper because they are monsters once you go there with it.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Line up production version Viper/ZR1/GT500 same day for a full gamut of tests with competent drivers for each, and I'll let you guess which car gets it's feelings hurt badly.

I agree.... For the money the GT500 is down right amazing... But in this group it is out matched.

Users who are viewing this thread