2014 Battery Issue

trafficman337

Established Member
Hello Everyone,
I committed to buying a 2014 GT500 Convertible with 11k on it. Should be here by Wednesday of next week. Looking forward to it. I've owned 5 GT500s one better than the next! Here's the issue;

I'm told the car has a battery issue. The battery has been replaced and I'm told it was an ongoing issue in the Shelby line. I've never experienced this. Does anyone know anything about it? The car has the electronics package and shaker 1000 radio.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Congrats on the move up from your profile pic!

I've owned my similarly equipped 2013 since I drove it off the showroom floor in late 2012. I've never had any battery issues and I'm unaware of any "ongoing [battery] issue in the Shelby line." Obviously, you should use some kind of smartcharger, if you store the car for an extended period, like the New England winter.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I literally just replaced my original OEM battery with a new battery.(Motorcraft OEM)

The original was perfectly fine in terms of performance and charge but it was obviously past replacement time.

Point is i have never heard of any 07-14 GT500 having battery issues.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Bought my 14 new and the original battery lasted 6 years. It started leaking at the positive post. I discovered corrosion when cleaning the car so the battery was replaced with another Motorcraft. You will need a battery tender if you don't drive it every couple of weeks. Otherwise, no issues I've heard of.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread